Call of Duty 4  » Games  »
  • You play as 2 characters, I won't say their names because I don't want to be giving any spoliers out but I will say that one of them is British and the other is the USA, the British side of the story is more stealthy while the Americans are more in numbers and charging, bearing that in mind I was quite disappointed with the whole Russia is evil stuff I've been seeing more and more often in games such as BF

• by game journalist

Now whenever I hear the words Call of Duty in the same sentence I always remember world war II, the reason is more than obvious. However, this time Infinity Ward decided to mix things up a bit.

Firstly if you have seen the trailers it’s painstakingly obvious that it’s set in present time (though the war is fake) Russian rebels have taken matters to their own hands (like I’ve never heard the Country Russia being used as the enemy in a modern game) what is it that makes game developers use the Russians as the enemy?! Anyhow the game has most defiantly had a graphical makeover (mouth full) and, well it’s

more modern.

Graphics: The graphics are actually much better than Call of Duty 3, they must of changed their game engine, however the game has a very bizarre death sequence, at times your body is stuck to the ground in a scripted death style more than a fly on masking tape, and at other times your body does a summer salt followed by a spectacular performance of rolling down some stairs…

Moving on from the death styles, the level designs couldn’t of been better, and the variety is just mind blowing, also the Multiplayer maps are based on the Campaign missions so at least you will know your way around quicker than ...

• in Halo 3.

Storyline: Hmm, it’s nicely done, quite a wide variety of levels. You play as 2 characters, I won’t say their names because I don’t want to be giving any spoliers out but I will say that one of them is British and the other is the USA, the British side of the story is more stealthy while the Americans are more in numbers and charging, bearing that in mind I was quite disappointed with the whole “Russia is evil” stuff I’ve been seeing more and more often in games such as BF: Bad Company.

Multiplayer: It’s addictive alright, very addictive. Firstly the Multiplayer Xp system is one of the

most rewarding, evenly challenging and the fairest I’ve ever seen, it doesn’t matter if you win or lose (though if you lose you miss out on a big Xp bonus) it matters about kills, so if you keep losing on Halo 3 because of all those “noobs” on your team letting you down, trust me, you can’t go wrong on Call of Duty 4.

Overall: I really like this game, Campaign will have your face stuck on the screen more than a fly on maskin… wait already used that one, but I was quite disappointed at the whole “Russia you bad country *tsk tsk*” My overall score for this game is…

Call of Duty 4

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28707750161031/k2311a077/7.7.09