Make It Or Break It: Pilot Episode  » TV  »
  • I like how the show introduces quirky characters, like the mother of one of the lead stars, and unlikely villains, like one of the lead stars

• by paulineb54

Make It or Break It? is ABC’s newest addition to its roster of family-centered shows. This one, however, centers on gymnastics, specifically on 4 girls’ of making it to Nationals and ultimately, the Olympics.

Having just finished seeing the Pilot episode, I can say upfront that this will be one of those shows that I’ll

look forward to watching every week. Although I’m not really a gymnast or into sports for that matter, being a gymnast has been a frustration of mine and ABC’s move to create a series on this sport is one I’m very happy about. An initial peak at the lives of these teenagers and ...

• the pressures they face, shows one of ABC’s favorite themes, middle-aged teenagers or teens that have matured beyond their age. I like how the show introduces quirky characters, like the mother of one of the lead stars, and unlikely villains, like one of the lead stars. Another thing that had drawn me to
        watch the episode until the end, of course, are the gymnastics events itself.

Given its sport content and storyline, I’d give this show a 9/10. But for its potential staying power, I’d give this a 7/10. Overall, I’d give this show an 8/10, mostly for its guts to take on a sports oriented theme.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10507749590931/k2311a075/7.5.09