Payless Shoe Source  » Business  »
1.5
Gration Ave., Chesterfield, Michigan
  • Payless Shoe Source has long been the center of the shoe-shopping experience
  • And, their prices were always considered the best for the product
  • Both pairs of shoes I bought for my kids fell apart within the first three weeks, with the soles coming almost completely detached from the leather
  • I've since been told these shoes are being returned for the same problem on a regular basis

• by Nikki Hanna

Payless Shoe Source has long been the center of the shoe-shopping experience. Fifteen, even ten, years ago, there weren’t many other options for shoe sources that held more than a few brands. And, their prices were always considered the best for the product. When K-mart and Wal-mart and Target began selling shoes, Payless started losing out on their customer base and had to change tactics. As such, they began the “customer journey”.

Every customer who enters the store is followed, by the sales associate, through a shopping journey

including entering the store, browsing the shoes, trying on the shoes and checking out at the register. Customer service then became what Payless Shoe Source was all about, and the quality of the shoes began to fall to the wayside.

I recently purchased four pairs of shoes from Payless to be completely disastisfied and, dare I say it, even disgusted by the quality and workmanship. We are a family of four, and are always looking for the cheapest alternative for clothing and necessary accessories. My kids, though ...

• barely teenagers, are already in a size 10 mens shoe, and mens shoes are considerably more expensive than kids, even at Payless.

Both pairs of shoes I bought for my kids fell apart within the first three weeks, with the soles coming almost completely detached from the leather. I also bought for myself two pairs of sandals, one pink and one gold. The color on the sandal wore completely off, revealing an unattractive gunmetal-like color underneath, within the FIRST DAY of wearing them. I’ve since been told

these shoes are being returned for the same problem on a regular basis… yet they haven’t been recalled.

Not only were the products sub-par, but the prices were ridiculous. I spent over $100 on four pairs of shoes, with the mens shoes running almost $40 a piece!

Though they may pride themselves on customer service, which I must admit was decent, it certainly doesn’t make up for the quality of the shoes and their prices. My suggestion? Go to Wal-mart and get a better quality shoe for half the price.

Payless Shoe Source
    robert says :

what does smiles stand for the associate ask for surveys to help their smile score

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41507749390931/k2311a075/7.5.09