Comcast Cable  » Business  »
Chesterfield, Michigan
  • However, with these complications in mind, I am still always pleasantly surprised by the pleasantness of their customer service staff, who are always eager to make ammends for difficulties with their service
  • Despite the fact that I can't WATCH that channel when service is being interrupted, the desire to please the customer was still appreciated

• by Nikki Hanna

Let’s face it… no matter where you live, some company has the monopoly on a service you either desire or you need. Comcast Cable is just one such company in my neck of the woods. Other than AT&T, there really is no other alternative for the comprehensive service available through Comcast. Since I’m a girl all about convenience and practicality, I was immediately won over by Comcast’s three-in-one package that includes their high speed internet, phone service with unlimited local and US long distance, and cable television. And, though we’ve transfered to phone use solely through cell phone services, and have since

cancelled our phone service via Comcast, we’ve kept our cable and internet.

Recently, less than a year ago, we moved to a new location, and have since had a series of ridiculous problems associated with our Comcast service. The television picture, at times, becomes “digitized” and looks blocky. Or, the picture cuts out completely for several minutes at a time. On Demand is unreliable on a consistent basis. Movies I’ve paid to watch will suddenly cut out in the middle of the flick, requiring me to re-purchase the film. After which, I have to call Comcast, deal with their ridiculously complicated automated ...

• phone service to get to a live agent, to request a refund for the film. Then I’m told that they are currently experiencing service interruption in my area.

Service interruption happens at least twice a week in my area. Sometimes, the interruption is so severe and so long-lasting, that I’m forced to believe Chesterfield, Michigan has sudden become the newest Area 51, and aliens are interferring with our reception.

The interruption also includes my internet, which is the life-line to my online jewelry business. Without the internet, I’m not making money, and without money, I can hardly pay my cable bill.

However,

with these complications in mind, I am still always pleasantly surprised by the pleasantness of their customer service staff, who are always eager to make ammends for difficulties with their service. I was even given one free year of a movie channel of my choice because of the occassional interruption in service. Despite the fact that I can’t WATCH that channel when service is being interrupted, the desire to please the customer was still appreciated.

Over all, I give Comcast customer service a thumbs up, but their ACTUAL service could use some improvements in the more rural areas such as mine.

Comcast Cable

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41507749380931/k2311a075/7.5.09