Ghost Busters movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • So, as a change of pace, I decided to watch what I like to refer to as the original Ghost Hunters
  • I think if you had any lesser talent in the starring roles, this movie wouldn't have had the lasting effect it has today
  • Overall, it's a good movie but I'm not sure it ranks among the best movies I've ever seen

• by Steve

My wife and I have been spending a great deal of time watching the show Ghost Hunters. So, as a change of pace, I decided to watch what I like to refer to as the original Ghost Hunters; the movie Ghost Busters.

This film, though a bit dated, is still as funny

today as it was when I first saw it.

I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing though.

To be honest, I came to the realization today that the jokes really aren’t all that funny.

Yes, you have some laughs, but it isn’t a movie that is going to ...

• have you in tears from laughing so hard.

If anything, it is more of an action movie with a few jokes mixed in.

You have three scientists and the guy they hired busting ghosts for a living but then facing the potential end of the world with the release of an evil

ancient God.

If anything, the movie is carried by famous actors like Bill Murray and Rick Moranis.

I think if you had any lesser talent in the starring roles, this movie wouldn’t have had the lasting effect it has today.

Overall, it’s a good movie but I’m not sure it ranks among the best movies I’ve ever seen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11307749120531/k2311a073/7.3.09