LV Jewelry Exchange (Las Vegas, NV)  » Business  »
4850 W Flamingo Rd Ste 49 Las Vegas, NV 89103
  • I decided to go to LV Jewelry Exchange which is a few streets from where I live because I had gone there about two years back to find out what which of my pieces were valuable and to sell some dinky things that I no longer wanted
  • In the end, I thought he offered a little low for the pieces, yet at the time, I really couldn't refuse a decent offer and once it was all said and done, he offered 445 dollars for the whole batch, including the broken chains and ring
  • Instinctively I think he would have gone as high as 475 or even 500 if I had wheeled and whined, but as there were other people in the store, I felt self-conscious and decided that even though the price was lower than what I wanted it would also end up saving me time and money if I tried to sell it on my own through craigslist or Ebay
  • My only regret was that I didn't bargain the way I wanted to, but that fault really lies in me

• by onerios13

Due to the tough economic times and the fact that I’ve been unemployed now for about seven months (although was just hired last week, yay!), I decided to jump on the sell-your-gold bandwagon and went through my jewelry case to find outdated and broken chains and and bracelets. I ended up selecting a ring and a bracelet that I inherited from my mother that was really very bulky and at the same time very narrow at the wrist so even if I was inclined to wear it, it just wasn’t very comfortable. And also into the pile went a few broken gold chain necklaces and a broken ring that the stone had fallen out one night at a restaurant in Virginia Beach when I was on vacation some years back, so there was no way I’d ever get that back.

In Vegas, there are only a few stores that are buying jewelry that aren’t pawnshops, and honestly, why would you try to just get ten percent of the value of stuff especially if you’re not interested in getting it back? I decided to go to LV Jewelry Exchange which is a

few streets from where I live because I had gone there about two years back to find out what which of my pieces were valuable and to sell some dinky things that I no longer wanted. The man that was working there was friendly if a little abrupt and I believed he was being very honest with what I had to offer even though emotionally I was aghast at how low some of the pieces I had brought in were worth. Mostly because of the sentimental value I expected a lot more. But in the end, it is a business and emotions have no place when it comes to making a deal.

This time however, I was greeted by a young man with slicked back dark hair and a wide smile. He was very friendly and went to great lengths to show me what the gold content was in my pieces. He did the acid test and showed me which pieces were genuine 24 karat gold and which were not so high. I liked that he took the time to go over everything and answer any questions I had about the ...

• value of the jewelry. He was talkative and rather charming, although in that classic ring master way, being cheerful yet not too excited about the quality of my stuff.

In the end, I thought he offered a little low for the pieces, yet at the time, I really couldn’t refuse a decent offer and once it was all said and done, he offered 445 dollars for the whole batch, including the broken chains and ring. I honestly wished I had more guts and asked for a higher price, but then again, beggars can’t be choosers and so just asked him to up it to a flat 450 bucks. Instinctively I think he would have gone as high as 475 or even 500 if I had wheeled and whined, but as there were other people in the store, I felt self-conscious and decided that even though the price was lower than what I wanted it would also end up saving me time and money if I tried to sell it on my own through craigslist or Ebay.

Overall, aside from the low-ball estimate, I was content with the exchange. The store is

small, but very neat and clean. You felt that the people you were dealing with were professional and even charismatic which I feel is rather rare in such businesses located in Vegas. They mainly sell to jewelry stores and in bulk, so you didn’t really see many pieces offered for sale, which is understandable and a good place to sell your own things as it won’t be competing with their wares.

My only regret was that I didn’t bargain the way I wanted to, but that fault really lies in me. But if you do go there, be sure to have an offer in mind and stick with it. I feel that they will be accommodating as much as possible, but they’ll also take advantage of the fact that you’re not sure of what your stuff is worth, such as the case with me. In the past, I’ve been and seen some shady and shoddy businesses that sell and buy jewelry, but this isn’t one of them. Again, be firm with your own estimate of what your stuff is worth, and if you are, I think you’ll enjoy doing business with them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41307748810531/k2311a073/7.3.09