Ponstan Tablet  » Medicine  »
  • Ponstan tablets can also be used when you have pain from broken teeth or other pain which is caused by the problem with your teeth
  • I think there is not really big difference in prices but only the effectiveness of the pain killer to your body will be different
  • I don't think it's good enough for me if I consume too much medicine

• by MomLouiTan

Ponstan is known as a tablet that you can use as pain killer. You can take Ponstan tablet when you have pain. For example, if you have real headache, you can take one tablet of ponstan to throw the pain away from your head. Or for women, sometimes when you have your period, you will have stomach pain. That’s the time that you can take ponstan as a pain killer. Normally, you just need to take on tablet of Ponstan if you want to use it as pain killer.

Few hours after you took Ponstan tablet, normally the pain will be gone. But then if the pain is because of a wound for example, of course when after few hours the pain will come back again. And maybe if it’s already more than four hours, you can take another Ponstan tablet for

releasing the pain from your body.

Ponstan tablets can also be used when you have pain from broken teeth or other pain which is caused by the problem with your teeth. Last time, I took Ponstan tablet after my dentist did a little operation with my broken teeth. The doctor said if I have pain, I can take Ponstan tablet as pain killer in the house. Since it was really painful after that small operation, I took Ponstan twice.

First just after I came home from the dentist and then four hours after that I took another Ponstan tablet again. But after that the pain was no longer there. I mean of course I could still feel the reaction and the effect from the small operation that I got at that day but I could still control my self and hold the ...

• pain my self without pain killer anymore.

We can buy Ponstan tablets in the pharmacy store or from the drug store without prescription from the doctor. So it is free to buy as long as you know how to use or consume it.

If you can, try to consume it maximum 3 times in a day. It is not recommended to take it more than three times in a day. You can get Ponstan tablets in two kind of size. If the pain is not really that serious, you can take Ponstan tablet with 250mg size. But if you have very serious pain, you have to take your Ponstan pain killer tablet with 500mg size. I think there is not really big difference in prices but only the effectiveness of the pain killer to your body will be different. 500mg Ponstan tablets will

be stronger than the 250mg. So if you have the real pain, probably your doctor will suggest you to take 500mg Ponstan tablet as your pain killer.

The dosage that you need to take is also depending on the body weight of the person who want to take this Ponstan pain killer. Since I have big body, I always need 500mg Ponstans as my pain killer. It does not matter what kind of pain that I have, I always need 500mg Ponstan.

And until this time, if I have pain in my body, I would like to take Ponstan as pain killer. But I only take Ponstan if I think I could not stand anymore with the pain that I have. I don’t want to take too many medicine inside my body. I don’t think it’s good enough for me if I consume too much medicine.

nimi says :

if i take ponston when i have period ,is there any side effect?

Hi Nimi,

NO, there won’t be any side effects. You can use Ponstan during period.

If you have pain during period (which is known as dysnenorrhea, in medical jargon), Ponston can help you.

Monika says :

I am currently using it for period pain because it was prescribed by my doctor but after two days, I have experienced severe side effects. My bleeding has stopped almost completely while uterus contractions are worse than ever. Common side effects are nausea, dizziness or even skin reactions. Read leaflet carefully

Galega says :

It is clearly advised by doctors to watch out for first three days while taking this medicine. Side Effects can happen during first three days, and it happens quite frequently with those users who have used Ponstan for the first time.

You should immediately discontinue it and consult the doctor who had prescribed it. There are alternatives, and your doctor may find a suitable and safe one for you.

Mo says :

Hello dear ,
    I have a question
    I have so much pain in my teeth
    And I’m using ( Ponstan Forte )
    It help so much .
    But the problem the pain come back after 5 huur can I take every 5 huur one 500g ?
    Just for 2 days because all the Dental clinic closed beacus it is weekend

Galega says :

Try to take it every six hours. You should not take more than four tablets in a single day, and that should only be done in the case of emergency. If the pain persists, immediately consult a dentist once clinic gets reopened.

Mo says :

han says :

Can I take it before my exam? Because Im afraid I might feel pain during exam. Will there be any Side effect during my exam session?

Galega says :

You should not take it just because you are afraid of pain. If you think there is any health issue, you should contact a doctor. Or, if you have taken it previously, keep it with you. If you feel pain, take it.

Serana says :

I was taking ponston for period pain but now after a week I am vomiting lossnof appetite weakness constant spitting mood swings what might be the cause

Galega says :

You seem to have feeling these problem one week after taking Ponstan. If this is the case, then there is high possibility that this is not related to Ponstan. There might be some other issues. Ponstan should not lead to these side effects after one week.

damaine says :

why is it ,i tooked 2 tabket of about 4 hour ago and i am now having headache in the night as i woke up in the middle of the night .the purpose behind taking postan because i had toothache but now i think there side effect to this pain killer

Hi Damaine,

There are some possibility of side effects with all medicines. Ponstan is not an aberration. It also can lead to many side effects like nausea, vomiting, swelling and weight gain, among others.

This medicine is prescribed as a pain killer. However, as a strange paradox, it can lead to stomach pain and headache (as a side effect). I think that is what happened with you.

You have taken 2 tablets. Is this dose suggested by your doctor? The headache might be the reason because of overdose. Clearly, you should not take two tablets at a single time. IF your doctor had prescribed two tablets (which I don’t think), then consult him/her.

lexie says :

I have just prescribed ponstan to a friend he is having sholder pain up to the neck is it adviseable to take it

Galega says :

This is a pain killer which is supposed to be taken only on the prescription of a registered medical practitioner. It is not an over the counter product.

It is definitely going to help for shoulder pain, if everything else is normal.

Nikita says :

Hi i have been given ponstan forte 500mg for flu. I have only been taking it for 1 day and i have severe kidney pains, upper stomach cramps, and diarrhea. I know the leaflet says stop taking it immediately and report it. Which i have, though i cannot afford to buy more medication to stop the side effects. How long will it take to stop on its own?
    And what do i do in the mean time?

Galega says :

You should be normal within 2 days - 48 hours. If the problem persists, consult a physician. Meanwhile, take Electral powder (ORS) to remain hydrated.

Carmen says :

I have been prescribed ponstan for the menstrual period i am heaving,as i am 50yrs old and premenopausal and have my period for over 3wks now.I have been to hospital and had ultrasound and have small fibroid but nothing serious.I cannot take progesterone to regularise or stop the blood as I had breast cancer 8yrs ago and my surgeon told me not to have hormone pills.So does Ponstan work with eventually stop my period as i had them for 2 days now but I am the same.Thanks.

Hi Carmen,

Ponstan will help you get relief from pain emanating because of periods. I don’t think that it will lead to your period getting stopped. This medicine is a pain killer. It is not supposed to do that. Your period will stop naturally at menopause (you are already premenopaused, so wait for few more weeks/months).

Monika says :

It stopped my period within two days although this was not the effect I wanted. I was simply seeking pain relief. My uterus pain is still very heavy but the bleeding has faded. It really came us a surprise to me. So you might indeed be successful with your treatment.

Galega says :

I would suggest you to not ignore uterus pain, or anything abnormal stuffs happening with your uterus after consuming Ponstan Tablet. I would suggest to consult an OBGyne if the pain persists for more than 2 days.

Melissa says :

Hi, my daugher was given ponstan 500mg as a painkiller, she has a drug addiction and is now clean and I was wondering if there was a risk of her getting high off ponstan like if she took a couple at a time or sniffed them or something like that? Thank you in advance

Tracy says :

I know this is an old question but just in case anyone else might be wondering no you cannot get high off Ponstan. As a matter of fact it’s commonly prescribed to junkies getting clean and people with a history of drug abuse (myself included) because it doesn’t contain opiates, doesn’t get you high, isn’t addictive and works surprisingly well to kill aches and pains I use it for period cramps and lower back pain. Hope that helps )

Galega says :

Ponstan is generally prescribes for the purpose of menstruation cramps/period pain. It is because of this fact, that users are not expected to take it continuously for prolong period of time. And, if you are not taking anything daily, you are not expected to become addicted to that. In fact, you are expected to take it for 3 - 4 days during one cycle. Further, there is no report of Ponstan becoming addictive. I would suggest you to not worry and allow your daughter to take it as and when required.

shana says :

what will happen if i take about 4 ponston tablets together?

Hi Shana,

This is a pain killer which is supposed to be taken according to the prescription of a doctor. Though people use it as an Over the Counter product, it is not like that. No doctor will prescribe you four tablets at a single time.

If you will take 4 tablets together, get prepared for some side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and weight gain, among others.

There is no need to rush. Take one tablet at a time and whatever problems (pains) you might have, that will get better. Overdose of any medicine is never good for our body.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26307748710531/k2311a073/7.3.09