Scooby-Doo Haunted House 3D Board Game
0.5
  • The Scooby-Doo Haunted House 3D Board Game was a big waste of money and a bigger disappointment in my opinion
  • In fact, I would recommend that you buy any game in the store before buying this one
  • I am really disappointed that the creators of Scooby allowed such an inferior product to come out using their classic characters
  • Even if the Scooby-Doo Haunted House 3D Board Game cost a mere $2.00, I would say that it was over-priced

• by carolina girl

The Scooby-Doo Haunted House 3D Board Game was a big waste of money and a bigger disappointment in my opinion. In fact, I would recommend that you buy any game in the store before buying this one. The idea of the game is neat - I have to move my pawn around the haunted house and try to get to the top of the rickety two-story mansion. On the way, secret booby traps are out to get me, like a moose head, a knight, and other such things. The construction is the game’s downfall. The game is 3D because you have to put the two stories today out of cardboard and connect a plastic staircase to them. It is in no way like a

flat gameboard that folds up.

My 6-year old begged me for this game. Nothing else would do despite my reservations. Anything with the great iconic classic Scooby Doo would have to be fantastic and I could not talk him out of it. When he finally got it, he was unable to play with it because the plastic parts kept falling off. Let me say at this time that there are a lot of parts. I struggled and struggled and got more and more frustrated. Even my husband could not get the parts to fit correctly. These plastic parts are supposed to fit into the cardboard. The instructions could have been Greek for all they helped. Mind you, I am a college graduate.

• Anyway, the majority of the 3D game is regular old cardboard – even the pawns that you move around. Pair this with it being an interactive game, and the cardboard just is not going to hold up with a young child. If you are lucky enough to actually get the game (aka: house) put together, there is no way to fold it up to store until you play again. It has to be taken apart! Of course there is no way that it will fit back in its original box unless it is completely disassembled. Needless to say, the Scooby-Doo Haunted House Game is in a zillion pieces scattered between the two play areas in our house, being the upstairs and the downstairs. I
        am really disappointed that the creators of Scooby allowed such an inferior product to come out using their classic characters.

To sum it up, I vote the Scooby-Doo Haunted House Game two thumbs down because of its bad construction. The only thing I got from this game was a major headache. Plus, my son was devastated and did not understand why Mommy and Daddy could not get the game to work. What can you say to that that involves nice language? Even if the Scooby-Doo Haunted House 3D Board Game cost a mere $2.00, I would say that it was over-priced. There are some wonderful games out there for young children, but in my opinion, this is not one of them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28307747820331/k2311a073/7.3.09