Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash  » Health  »
2.5
  • I bought it and tried it out and here are the results
  • I thought it still did a good job of helping with bad breath and making your teeth feel squeaky clean in between each tooth, but the longest I could stand of having this mouthwash in my mouth was roughly 50 seconds to a minute

• by onerios13

Pretty much everyone knows the brand Listerine. They also know the agony of the suggested three to five minutes of keeping this stinging liquid in their mouths for maximum results. But I have to tell you, although I am quite sure that every single Gingivitis germ and last speck of plague is either neutralized or have died a horrifying death due to the sheer amount of alcohol in this product, I just cannot stand the way my tongue, gums, and inner cheek feels after only a 30 seconds of this stuff in my mouth.

That is why I got excited about the Listerine Natural Citris Antiseptic mouthwash, thinking and hoping that it would

provide the same great protection yet wouldn’t make my eyes sting with suppressed tears from the burning sensation I always got when I used this mouthwash. Luckily I got this on sale at Big Lots (LOVE that store by the by), and they had two huge containers for like only 5 dollars or so. I bought it and tried it out and here are the results.

First off, the good news is it’s not as bad as the original blue or green Listerine, but the bad news is it’s not enough to make much of a difference in the pain factor. True, the citrus taste is not bad, having an orange-y and lemon-y ...

• taste to it, but the alcohol is still to potent and painful. I thought it still did a good job of helping with bad breath and making your teeth feel squeaky clean in between each tooth, but the longest I could stand of having this mouthwash in my mouth was roughly 50 seconds to a minute.

But it’s still a record for me. Personally, I thought this product was just okay. Nothing to get really excited about as it will still make your eyes water and your jaw ache to spit the stuff out. However, if you’re tired of only having mint or peppermint or spearmint as your only choices, do get this

for the variety alone. As far as I could tell, the quality was pretty much the same as in it killed all the bad germs and so forth and so on, but then again, that’s what makes this product not so much of a standout as I really believe they still put as much alcohol as they did in the original product.

However, in the end, it really wasn’t that much of a difference in my book. If you’re just wanting to have a clean mouth and really believe that it’s gotta sting like heck in order to get that clean mouth, the Listerine, no matter what kind or flavor it may come in, will be your ticket to good oral hygiene.

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34307747570331/k2311a073/7.3.09