Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom  » Leisure  »
937 Phillips Ln , Louisville, Kentucky
  • If you need to eat while out at Six Flags, I recommend leaving the park and getting a stamp to get back in and going to a restuarant outside the park or pack a cooler in the car
  • I saw someone cleaning one, but that was it for the rest of the experience
  • I bought a couple souveniors from one of the larger shops and I was very impressed with the pricing

• by Catreena Drake

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is located in Louisville, Kentucky. When you first walk in to buy your tickets to be admitted into the park, a speaker is blaring loud, headache creating music. Even the park employees were yelling over the top of the music. I do not think it showed hospitality to the guests entering their park.

Whenever I had a conversation at the front gate, both speakers had to yell above the music in order to be heard. Somehow, that just does not say family enjoyment. After I went in, I realized that the food was incredibly overpriced.

In fact, it was not only overpriced, but it was also not as good as food I could have bought

outside the park at a cheaper price. Drinks were also just as expensive and I spent a good portion of the day walking around thirsty. I don’t know about you, but I am not one of those people who likes to walk around dehydrated! If you need to eat while out at Six Flags, I recommend leaving the park and getting a stamp to get back in and going to a restuarant outside the park or pack a cooler in the car.

This way, you do not need to waste money on the overly expensive food. The bathrooms were also rather gross. I saw someone cleaning one, but that was it for the rest of the experience.

Also, the ...

• toilet paper was out in several stalls whenever I had to use the restroom. In one restroom, someone had stuck a piece of gum to one of the sinks and it looked like it had been there for a few hours. I would much rather my restroom be cleaned often, but the ones I used at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom were not all that clean.

I went when a few rain showers were in the area, so the locals did not come to the park until we had already left. The lines were short, but the park staff did test runs of some of the roller coasters, which made the wait in line a lot longer. I would advise going to

Kentucky Kingdom when the forecast is full of storms and showers because that will scare some people away.

I was pleasantly surprised by one aspect of the park, though. I bought a couple souveniors from one of the larger shops and I was very impressed with the pricing. The food and drink may be outrageously priced, but the items in the gift shops are not.

They have different superhero products, from t-shirts to mugs, and all at good prices. If you’re a fan of superheroes, and especially if you’re able to swing a free ticket into the park, going for the gift shop and the chance to purchase many different superhero related merchandise may make it worth going into the park.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61207747311031/k2311a072/7.2.09