Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC)  » Travel  »
  • However there are still some problems which I find with the bus company

• by Redtape

The Jamaica Urban Transit Company or JUTC is the largest bus company in the island of Jamaica. I personally prefer using them whenever I have to take public transportation on some routes and in some places since they then to be more organised than other companies. I find them safer in the sense that it is less likely for me to get robbed and killed in one of them, unlike on many other

buses in Jamaica, they rarely get into crashes and even if they do, the buses are usually strong enough to withstand impact so the passengers might remain safe.

However there are still some problems which I find with the bus company. The first would be the shortage of buses on some routes in the island, for example on one particular route I can remember waiting up to three hours in order to get ...

• a bus as at a certain time like in the evenings when there would be more people taking that route there are usually less buses on it. I’m also annoyed with the bus company because they don’t seem to have specific schedules for each bus, so sometimes things become a big confusing mess.

Each bus also has a number on the back of it so that people who are satisfied or dissatisfied with

the driver’s driving can make a comment. However, there have been times where a driver’s driving is a nightmare but when a person tries to call there is no answer. I should know since I can rememebr almost being killed by one particular driver for three times in a row, but no one would answer the phone when I tried to report his driving which was usually akin to a bat out of hell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38207746620631/k2311a072/7.2.09