Chaa Vegetarian Restaurant Manila  » Restaurants  »
G/F Padre Faura Wing, Robinson’s Place, Manila, Philippines
  • Although they serve purely vegetarian fare, with no trace of animal meat, their meals are delicious and tasty

• by White Ribbon

I recently discovered this small cafe and restaurant at the ground floor of the Robinson’s Place Manila mall. It’s called Chaa, literally meaning “tea.” It offers tea, coffee, other hot and cold beverages, cakes and pastries. But aside from these, it also offers more filling meals, and none of them contain meat.

I frequently buy their value meal, which consists of pancit noodles (Filipino-style noodles), rice, my

choice of a vegetarian dish, and a small cup of iced tea. All these for only 69 pesos, or approximately US $1.4. I find this very very reasonable. It’s a practical meal for a student-on-a-budget like me.

Although they serve purely vegetarian fare, with no trace of animal meat, their meals are delicious and tasty. I even find myself craving for their vegetarian meat often, even if ...

• I’m not really very fond of vegetables.

My favorite vegetarian dishes from this restaurant are Asado, Steak and Barbecue. The Asado is sweet and a little sour. It’s very tasty. The Steak has a lot of soy sauce. It’s quite salty but I do like salty food. The Barbecue tastes kind of similar to the Asado, but has a hint of spice.

Their pancit isn’t the best in

town. It can be a little bland sometimes. But it isn’t bad. And it’s very filling. For the price, I’d say the quality and taste are just right.

All their dishes are served warm and they whip up my takeout orders fast. Their vegetarian fare is located on the counter in front of the restaurant, separate from the cakes and pastries which are displayed in the inner counter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7107746350431/k2311a071/7.1.09