Hawaii Five-O: Face of the Dragon  » TV  »
  • Unfortunately, their combined forces still aren't enough to draw me in for the whole show
  • I think had the opening scene not been so unappealing that might be different

• by Orrymain

Hawaii Five-O: Face of the Dragon is part medical drama and part spy caper. Combined, Hawaii Five-O: Face of the Dragon just doesn’t do a whole lot for me. I never have liked the opening scene. It sets up the drama naturally enough, but it’s just a turn off for me. I usually change the channel if

this episode comes on television.

What Hawaii Five-O: Face of the Dragon does have is a very good cast to bring the story to life. Notables include Nancy Kovack, David Opatoshu, Victor Sen Yung, Soon-Tek Oh, Herb Jeffries, and Jackie Coogan. Unfortunately, their combined forces still aren’t enough to draw me in for the whole show. I do have ...

• to say that Soon-Tek Oh is just so talented, and he’s probably the shining star here. He’s intriguing to watch in just about any role.

The intrigue is fairly decent in trying to decipher exactly what is going on in the story. The medical part starts at the beginning and is of great concern because there’s an outbreak of bubonic

plague. It’s while trying to track down a mysterious motorcycle rider that the spy part of the show comes into play.

So, while Hawaii Five-O: Face of the Dragon has a solid cast and some unusual mystery, it’s just not one that I watch all that often. I think had the opening scene not been so unappealing that might be different.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10107745500331/k2311a071/7.1.09