AT&T Digital Answering System Speakerphone 1545  » Electronics  »
  • Recently as I surfed around, I noticed someone selling one that is refurbished for $299
  • I like the ease of not having to have an ear to the phone, and with some of the things I was doing, it was necessary

• by Orrymain

I’ve seen this phone system still available on the internet and since I used it for years, I’ve decided to review it. The system in question is the AT&T Digital Answering System Speakerphone 1545. It was a great phone for a very long time. Then one day, it just became unreliable. It wouldn’t register phone calls, the system wouldn’t

answer, people couldn’t hear me, and sometimes I could hear them and sometimes not. When the system died, it apparently did so with a massive crash.

However, before it decided to pass on, it gave me about 14 years worth of quality use, so that’s not bad. Originally, the unit cost $200. Recently as I surfed around, I noticed someone selling one ...

• that is refurbished for $299. Even with inflation, I’m not sold on whether or not that is a good deal or not.

I always loved the speakerphone portion of the phone. I like the ease of not having to have an ear to the phone, and with some of the things I was doing, it was necessary. Speakerphones are more common place

now, but when this was purchased, they weren’t that every day.

There are a ton of features on this phone, and I used all of them at one point or another. Up until the meltdown, I had no complaints. When the meltdown happened, though, it was all at once.

I would definitely recommend the phone. I got a lot of use from mine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16107745440331/k2311a071/7.1.09