Neosporin + Pain Relief (Maximum Strength)  » Health  »
  • I normally use just the regular Neosporin, but one day at the store, I noticed they had a new one out that had a plus pain relief ingredient
  • Curious, I decided that if the regular Neosporin did such a great job of cleaning and healing the wound, wouldn't a Neosporin that also dealt with pain be even better
  • I bought it and then the very next time my cats accidentally scratched me (well, not so accidentally as they will bat at anything that moves including the hand that is only wanting to pet them), I reached for the new tube and rubbed the ointment over the scratch
  • But honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the pain relief part of this new Neosporin, so if you're ever in the store and see the product side by side the old version of Neosporin and the plus pain relief is going add a plus plus to your grocery bill, bypass it and just pick up the good ole Neosporin that millions love and live by

• by onerios13

Oh, Neosporin, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Well, if you haven’t ever heard of Neosporin, especially if you live in the US, then you have either been living under a rock or exist in a plastic bubble where nothing and no one can cut, or wound you. I however very much live in the physical world and as such, I am constantly having to pull out this yellow and white tube to sooth away the cuts and pains that life will bring.

had a plus pain relief ingredient. Curious, I decided that if the regular Neosporin did such a great job of cleaning and healing the wound, wouldn’t a Neosporin that also dealt with pain be even better? You betcha! I bought it and then the very next time my cats accidentally scratched me (well, not so accidentally as they will bat at anything that moves including the hand that is only wanting to pet them), I reached for the new tube and rubbed the ointment over the scratch.

As usual, the ointment went on very smoothly and coated completely, however, I can’t really say if the plus pain relief ...

• part was doing its job. I mean, yes, I didn’t have AS much pain as in having nothing to treat the scratch, but was it overwhelming “oh my God, I feel like a million bucks” pain relief? Uh, no. Not exactly. But still, it’s Neosporin, so obviously it’s still a great product that does its job and keeps the cuts from getting infected.

But honestly, I wasn’t that impressed with the pain relief part of this new Neosporin, so if you’re ever in the store and see the product side by side the old version of Neosporin and the plus pain relief is going add a plus plus

to your grocery bill, bypass it and just pick up the good ole Neosporin that millions love and live by. I’m not saying don’t ever get this product, but if the price is going to decide for you whether or not to get it, then don’t if it’s priced higher. If not, then by all means, go ahead and get it. Of course it will not disappoint, but don’t expect too much from the pain relief part of the promise.

But in either case, if you do just need a great antibiotic ointment for those pesky cat scratches, then Neosporin, no matter what kind, is the way to go.

Randy Pittman says :

My little girl is 4 years old. She got a new bathing suit and it rubbed the inside of her legs raw. We applied neosporin pain relief cream. Is this the best thing we could have done for her?

Vanessa says :

I might have tried a diaper rash ointment first, or a mild aloe vera gel, as for a sunburn. Poor baby There’s just no quick fix for that the skin just has to heal. Personally, I’d be careful applying that much antibiotic ointment to her. It’s a small area, but since she’s tiny, it’s a large percentage of her skin surface area. It was probably fine to do, but that’s just the way I see it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34107745380331/k2311a071/7.1.09