Cassanova movie  » Movies  »
  • However, I think it would have been more effective if an actor with a much more commanding presence played the role instead

• by Redtape

I’ve always heard of people referring to womanizers as “Cassanovas” but I never knew where that reference originated. I always wondered if there was actually a man in history who was named Cassanova and used to be a smooth talking womanizer but I had never actually taken the time to look something like that up. Hence I was quite surprised in 2005 when a historical movie by the

name of “Cassanova” was supposed to be released in theatres starring the actor “Heath Ledger”. When I watched it I realised that there was indeed someone by the name of Giacomo Casanova in history who used to be a womanizer. I liked how the actor Heath Ledger played the role of him too. However, I think it would have been more effective if an actor with a much ...

• more commanding presence played the role instead.

The movie about a very promiscuous young man living in eighteenth century Venice. He is so promiscuous too that his promiscuity has become legendary and he is even threatened by the Catholic church. The movie begins showing Cassanova being left by his mother to live with his grandmother as a little boy, and him looking for her to come back but

she never does.

I would recommend this to people who mostly like historical romance films though as I think they would like it better than those people who like historical films. I also hear that the movie was not very historically accurate though, but I’m not very sure of that as I have never decided to do any research on the man the movie was based off of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113006744310530/k2311a0630/6.30.09