Canon All In One Photo Printer (Pixma Mp190 with USB Cable)
  • So after looking at many different stores for the best prices, we decided to go to that old fail-safe of a place known as Wal-Mart
  • The printer quality is only so-so, definitely not like our other laser printer that spits out pages faster than you get to them

• by onerios13

When my fiance decided to go back to school for computer art and design, one of the things he was required to purchase was a scanner. We have a great printer already which also doubles as a fax machine, but did not have a flat bed scanner that the school said was an absolute necessity as this is an online college and so that was the only way to transmit homework assignments.

So after looking at many different stores for the best prices, we decided to go to that old fail-safe of a place known as Wal-Mart. But even there, a lot of the scanners were coming up to at least seventy-eighty dollars, and it just seemed that this was the only price range we could find for a decent scanner.

After looking around for a good twenty

minutes, we finally decided to get an HP scanner and then go look around for a USB cable (at the time I had not a clue as to why we needed one, but just decided that he was the one that was the computer geek while I was just the writer so I just left it to his expertise). But as we rounded the corner, we saw that the Canon All In One Printer that already came with a USB cable. But what really caught our attention was that fact that this printer was only $39 bucks!

We sniffed around the box, looking at all the instructions and details, because if it was only a printer then what was the point? And although we looked at each inch, we couldn’t find out if it was also a flat-bed ...

• scanner. Finally, we reopened an slightly opened box and peered in. And there it was, the flat bed scanner we really needed. So out went the HP and in went the Canon. But even at that time we figured, hey, if it didn’t work out, we’d just bring it back with the receipt and since it was Wal-Mart, we’d get our money back and go get the other one instead.

But thankfully, no return trip was required. My fiance had it set up roughly in about 20 minutes and had it ready to go. The printer quality is only so-so, definitely not like our other laser printer that spits out pages faster than you get to them. This printer takes a good two or three minutes before it’s done and be careful not to handle it until the

ink dries, or you’ll get ink all over your hands. But the scanner works beautifully. It’s not a long flat bed, but its long enough for any regular sized paper so it’s not like its extremely small and difficult to scan something. Ironically, we’ve never used it to scan or print photographs so far, but I’m sure it’s quite good as that is what it was originally made for.

But for less than forty dollars, this is an excellent bargain. It will print, scan and copy, and although not the best quality will be sufficient for almost anyone’s needs. In fact, I’ve recommended it to several friends and family members who are looking for a new printer. Easily one of the best electronic purchases we’ve made in the last couple of years, so I give it a definite two thumbs up!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163006744230530/k2311a0630/6.30.09