The Body Shop Olive Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is pretty expensive for soap and I wish the price was more affordable
  • However, I usually need to buy at least four bars of the soap at a time because they are so small and go so quickly
  • I still purchase it, but only out of necessity because it works better than any other soap we have compared it to

• by Gianna Lauretta

My husband has extremely dry skin with eczema in many places. He has been through many soaps and body washes that have dried his skin out more or left him feeling like his skin was on fire after showers. At one point we tried The Body Shop Olive Soap and he hasn’t used anything else since.

His eczema has shown a lot of improvement and the rest of his skin feels

normal now after showers, even in the winter. The Body Shop Olive Soap is made with natural olive oil from Italy (which my great grandmother swore by for dry skin!) as well as some other fruit oils.

There is also an Olive Oil Body Butter in this same product line. We found the body butter to be no different than other cheaper brands ...

• of body butter.

The soap itself smells nice with a fresh scent that faintly resembles olives. Even if you don’t personally like the scent, it fades shortly after showering anyway.

The Body Shop Olive Soap comes in small bars that are $4 for only 3. 5 ounces.

This is pretty expensive for soap and I wish the price was more affordable. They have a “Buy three, get one free” deal that is

always in effect and that helps a bit.

However, I usually need to buy at least four bars of the soap at a time because they are so small and go so quickly. This is a great product, especially for those with dry skin and or eczema, however the price unrealistic.

I still purchase it, but only out of necessity because it works better than any other soap we have compared it to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313006744170530/k2311a0630/6.30.09