Smith’s (Kroger Brand) Cottage Bread  » Food  »
  • I bought it one day because it was on sale for 99 cents and was cheaper than the usual bread I get
  • This bread is baked daily in their bakery, and quite frankly, it is THE best bread I've ever eaten
  • Believe me, you won't be disappointed because this bread, as my fiance calls it, is 'amay-za-zing'

• by onerios13

I find it funny and a tad ridiculous that I am reviewing something as ordinary as BREAD of all things, but I just had to write something about this incredible loaf available at your local Smiths, or Kroger, grocery store.

I bought it one day because it was on sale for 99 cents and was cheaper than the usual bread I get. Plus, it had

that thick cut look to it, and hefted nicely in one hand. Yet I was a little worried, however, because in the past we had bought a similar looking loaf but found it very unpleasant to eat as it was dry and really hard to swallow down.

But I shouldn’t have worried. This bread is baked daily in their bakery, and quite frankly, it is ...

• THE best bread I’ve ever eaten.

It’s soft, but not squishy, thick and moist, and when toasted has the pleasantest crunch to it. We love to use for peanut butter sandwiches as well as tuna. It’s so good that we go through about two loaves every two or three days.

Even at the regular price of $1.68, it’s still well worth the price and no name

brand bread comes even close to touching its goodness. I urge you to get and try this bread. It’s so incredibly yummy and also comes in wheat as well, although I have yet to try it. But if it’s as good as the white, then I’m sure it’s excellent.

Believe me, you won’t be disappointed because this bread, as my fiance calls it, is ‘amay-za-zing’.

quick note by anonymous :

I am disappointed that they have now cut down the loaf to a smaller size. I barely sticks out of the top of the toaster.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272906744130530/k2311a0629/6.29.09