St, Ives Apricot Cleanser (Blemish Fighting)  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • However, recently I tried the St. Ives' Apricot Cleanser Blemish Fighting formula

• by onerios13

It is with a heavy heart that I have to write this review. I have always counted myself a true fan of St. Ives scrubs, having used them since practically junior high as it was one of the only products that controlled my hormone-ravaged features.

However, recently I tried the St. IvesApricot Cleanser Blemish Fighting

formula. I had gone to the store but couldn’t find my usual scrub, so I pick this one up thinking it wasn’t going to be that much different than my usual. And plus, it was St. Ives, so I couldn’t fathom it being anything but excellent.

Such childish fantasies! I was so disappointed in this product. First off, it says it’s for oily/blemish prone skin, and yet, the cleanser comes in a thick, milky form that just can NOT be good for such skin tones. And aren’t scrubs suppose to be chock full of tiny grains, giving it a sandy, sand-paper texture?

Well, not this one. The beads were large and slippery,

• St, Ives Apricot Cleanser (Blemish Fighting)
      hardly suitable for scrubbing. They splattered lazily against my cheek, barely scrapping it before being lost in the thick white cream. I gave up after a few minutes and washed it off, my hopes that I would use this again washing down along with the water down the sink. Even the smell isn’t much to
      write home about as it is rather bland.

Overall, I still believe in the St. Ives brand, but if you’re looking for a REAL scrub, something that will help clear acne, dead cells and oil from your face, do not get this scrub. For if you do, you might as well chuck your money down the drain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312906744110530/k2311a0629/6.29.09