Panasonic Lumix TZ1 camera  » Cameras  »
  • At first it was tricky to navigate the menu and find the best settings for different photographic environments
  • One option that I love is the range of ISO, which goes from 80 to 800
  • Overall I'd highly recommend this camera for your everyday snapshot use

• by Duncan

I have had my Panasonic Lumix 5. 1 Megapixel TZ-1 for several years now.

It is a fantastic point and shoot camera, giving the user many options.

At first it was tricky to navigate the menu and find the best settings for different photographic environments; however, now that I have figured them out, I’ve gotten great

results.

One option that I love is the range of ISO, which goes from 80 to 800.

On many point and shoot digital cameras it seems that the ISO setting makes little difference, but with the TZ-1 it makes a huge impact.

I have done test shots and found the 80 and 100 ISO photos to make nice prints even at 8×10, whereas, above 100 ISO the grain becomes more and more apparent in large prints.

To adjust the ISO you simply put the camera’s mode dial on the “normal picture” icon (a little red camera icon), then you press the “menu set” button once and scroll to the “ISO ...

• Panasonic Lumix TZ1 camera
      sensitivity” setting.

Aside from the sensitivity control, I also have found the auto white balance function to be better than other comparable cameras.

The only complaints I have about the Lumix TZ-1 are: the lack of shutter and aperture control, and the white ghosting effect seen along edges of shots taken above 2x or 3x

zoom.

However, the zoom is decent up to its 10x max for general snapshots thanks to the cameras OIS (optical image stabilization).

Overall I’d highly recommend this camera for your everyday snapshot use.

They still sell quite well used and are very durable.

I’ve shot over 2,500 pictures on my Lumix and it’s still going strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432906743460430/k2311a0629/6.29.09