Memorex MX5520SPK Audio System
  • I do love the system, but it does have the CD problem

• by Orrymain

The Memorex MX5520SPK Audio System is a really neat combination system that allows owners to use their various media types in it.

There’s a turntable for those of us who own vinyl records, and I still have lots and lots of those. The turntable works great. It’s allowed me to continue to enjoy old favorites that aren’t available in other formats or which I can’t afford to purchase again.

There’s also

a digital AM/FM radio that is a delight, as well as a 5 CD disk changer. Now this where I’ve had problems. One of the reasons I wanted this mini system is for the disk changer, but it’s always been finicky. For a while, it was great and would play my CDs in the order I put them in or randomly. Then it began to not open ...

• correctly and now it doesn’t always play. In fact, I’ve stopped trying very often. I just can’t get the CD portion to work.

The Memorex MX5520SPK Audio System also includes a dual cassette recorder which I’ve used to some extent and never had problems with. It’s been nice to be able to dub some cassettes with it.

The system comes with surround speakers and a remote control. The speakers

are great and have always provided super sound. I’m very happy with them. The remote control is a neat item, but I wish it were lit up more. It’s hard to read with so many options made a part of it. Even with my glasses on, the writing is tiny and more difficult to read than on other remotes.

I do love the system, but it does have the CD problem.

B Barnes says :

My CD player has stopped opening playing. Where can I find a technician–locally?

Jules Li says :

I would suggest contacting Memorex directly by phone. They would then be able to arrange any repair or replacement options if you’re under warranty. Here’s their contact number: 888.466.3456.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162906743140430/k2311a0629/6.29.09