Swan Jewelry Store, Far East Plaza, Singapore
  • She proceeded to show me a number of amber pieces according to my budget and taste

• by BBM

Swan Jewellery at Far East Plaza is a pleasant, fine jewellery store where one can find diamond jewellery and other precious and semi-precious jewellery like emerald earrings, necklaces, lapis lazuli etc. They also have a good collection of amber earrings.

Jewellery at Swan ranges from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars and above. The people who do the selling are alert and friendly, and eager to display the store’s wares. The sales people are so used to shoppers of various different ethnicities,

that they actually customize their sales pitch accordingly! I am an Indian who had gone there with an acquaintance. I stopped by the shop because they had a whole shelf of good-looking amber jewellery. I have never bought amber before and was quite excited by the array of gorgeous amber pieces and promptly went inside.

Once there, the sales lady took me under her wing completely, especially because she guessed I was hooked on to a particular amber piece (amber earrings set in sterling silver,

• priced slightly over 100 dollars). She guessed we were Indian and promptly began her customized sales pitch. Thus, I was told that the particular set of earrings that I had picked up would look good on a “salwar kameez” as well as a “saree” (both are traditional Indian garments). She proceeded to show me a number of amber pieces according to my budget and taste. While it is true that I did not end up buying the stuff because of her (as soon as
        I saw the stuff in the display, I knew I would want to buy it), it’s also true that she did an excellent job of showing me the right stuff. I eventually bought two pieces – the pair of amber earrings and an amber bracelet, for my sister and friend respectively. Both girls loved the stuff.

We then window-shopped other stuff like diamond jewllery, silver chains and pretty blue lapis lazuli sets. It’s not a big store, but the staff is friendly enough. Worth a dekko.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 452906743080430/k2311a0629/6.29.09