Steamed Fish Fillet Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • Another McCormick spice I love adding to my steamed fish fillet recipe is the garlic Bread Sprinkle
  • It contains a certain cheese that gives garlic bread a delicious punch

• by erato

I’d like to share with you a really simple Steamed Fish fillet recipe that my husband and I experimented on and have been enjoying immensely for months now. I serve this dish weekly, with three or four night intervals.

We choose from the Pangasius, Cream Dory and Sole fish variations when purchasing the boneless fillets from the groceries. Pangasius has been popular with my husband as it has, so far, been the cheapest of our choices in fish fillets. It comes in bags of three fillets each, compared to the two-fillet packs of the other variants. There are also boneless fillets in bags containing 3 or more slices but they are a bit pricier than most.

Now, the simplest Steamed Fish Fillet recipe yet: Prepare the

fillets. Make sure that they are thawed and dried. Set the fillets on a plate and have the following ingredients touch only one side of the prepped fish slices: *a sprinkling of iodized salt, not too much as the fish tend to turn salty quite easily. Nothing ruins a steamed fish dish than too much salt.

*a sprinkling of white pepper– not more than half a teaspoon spread equally over three fillets.

*a generous sprinkling of garlic powder. Cover only one side of the fish fillets completely.

Add pepper and garlic powder as desired but do be extra careful with the salt. Another McCormick spice I love adding to my steamed fish fillet recipe is the garlic Bread Sprinkle. It contains a certain ...

• cheese that gives garlic bread a delicious punch. That’s why I add it to the fish sometimes, when it’s available. You also have the option to add herbs as sweet basil and the Italian (herbs). Read the labels on the bottles — if they claim to go well with fish then give it a try. Sprinkle a little bit at a time so it doesn’t ruin the overall “simple” flavor of your steamed fish dish.

Now on to cooking time. Steam the fillets for about 5 to 7 minutes (more or less, depending on how thin, thick, big or small your fillets are). To be sure, cut the fish in middle. When the meat is white and no longer pinkish, that means your

fish fillets are done and ready to be served.

We love serving the steamed fillets with either garlic baked baby potatoes or fresh salads (I buy the pre-packed, triple washed salad greens (arugula, lettuce, etc) that are ready to eat and come with sachets of yummy salad dressings in different variations. I personally go for the Honey Mustard and Oriental dressings (Asian dressing) under the Dizon Farms brand.

The trick is to save some dressing for the fish. They go perfect with the steamed fillets and tie the greens and main dish together.

You can also opt to use tartar sauce or garlic mayo as fish dips. Yummy. This would be one of my favorite ways to cook fish fillets. Try it sometime. Enjoy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492906743060430/k2311a0629/6.29.09