Hawaii Five-O: Samurai  » TV  »
  • One of the good things about Hawaii Five-O is that no matter how perfect it may seem to be, there are often fireworks
  • There was a little thing I loved about a scene towards the end of Samurai

• by Orrymain

Ricardo Montalban guest stars in Hawaii Five-O: Samurai. He’s a crime boss in Hawaii who is being investigated by the grand jury. There’s a lot of mystery going on, including the death of Mary Travis, a witness against him who dies while testifying, and assassins from Japan who are trying to kill him.

One of the good things about Hawaii Five-O is that no

matter how perfect it may seem to be, there are often fireworks. Steve McGarrett (Jack Lord) gets on Danny Williams’ (James McArthur) case after Travis’ death about something happening to her. It’s a great follow up scene and shows their frustration.

I have to wonder how many miles and how many hours Jack Lord spent driving during the decade-plus seasons of Hawaii Five-O.

• I love each of these scenes, though. They show off Hawaii, and they provide action because of the unique car camera that is inside the vehicle.

There was a little thing I loved about a scene towards the end of Samurai. It’s just a tiny moment when McGarrett is alone in his office, making a phone call. He keeps a guitar there, and

while he’s waiting, he strums on it a bit. For me, that’s just realism. It’s what people do when we’re on hold — we fidget and do something to keep us from being bored. I just loved it a lot.

Montalban shines in this show, and there are some good twists in the story, too. It’s not totally my style, but it’s very well done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102906742930330/k2311a0629/6.29.09