Hawaii Five-O: Full Fathom Five  » TV  »
  • The two disagree, and Danny isn't afraid to speak his mind
  • I enjoy getting to know the Steve and Danny dynamic, and I love seeing Hawaii

• by Orrymain

Full Fathom Five was the first regular episode of the Hawaii Five-O dramatic series, and with it came the addition of James McArthur as Danny Williams. What I really like about this first interaction that we see between Danny and Five-O head, Steve McGarrett, is that it’s not just all rosy. The two

disagree, and Danny isn’t afraid to speak his mind. By the same token, it’s clear who the boss is by McGarrett’s response.

The story itself revolves around a man who goes after rich women who are alone in the world. He gets their money and then kills them, with the assistance of a female ...

• companion who is actually his wife pretending to be his sister. To try and capture him, a female cop goes undercover. Patricia Smith plays the role and is pleasing to watch as she sets up the villain, who is portrayed by Kevin McCarthy.

Quite honestly, McCarthy has always bored me as an actor.

I just don’t like his work, so anything with him in it turns me off, and that’s largely why I’m not drawn more to this episode.

Overall, it’s an okay story. I enjoy getting to know the Steve and Danny dynamic, and I love seeing Hawaii. I’m just not that into the particular plot because of McCarthy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102906742900330/k2311a0629/6.29.09