Timex Watch  » Watches  »
  • It's a no-brainer and I like how I don't have to bother fidgeting with straps, unlike for leather watches
  • I really appreciate that it's water resistant because I don't have to take it off anymore for certain activities where I know my hand will probably get wet

• by Hershey

My parents bought me a Timex watch when I entered university. I’ve just graduated and it’s still with me. It remains to be my favorite watch for everyday use.

The model I got is made of stainless steel. It’s so easy to wear because it’s a bracelet type. Everyday, as I head out the door of my apartment to make my way towards school, I just put it on and snap the closure. It’s a no-brainer and I like how I don’t have to bother fidgeting with straps, unlike for leather watches.

It says at the back

of my watch that it’s water resistant for up to 50 meters. My mom didn’t want me to risk it, since it would be a bother if it got broken just because I wanted to test its water-resisting property, but I’m stubborn and curious so I tested it anyway. It worked! Not a single drop penetrated the inside of the watch. Since then, I’ve used it when swimming in the beach, in the pool, when washing dishes, et cetera. I really appreciate that it’s water resistant because I don’t have to take it off anymore ...

• for certain activities where I know my hand will probably get wet. Knowing myself, if I take something off for a while, I’d probably lose it.

My favorite feature in this watch is that it has an “Indiglo” technology. Unlike many other watches which just paint the numbers and dials with irridescent color to make them visible even in the dark, this watch has a built-in light which I could turn on whenever the need arose. The light is just for the inside of the watch, and is turned on by pressing on the adjusting knob

at the side. When you release the knob, it turns off. It’s pretty cool.:)

It also has a date function, which is really helpful for me because I tend to forget the date all the time.

One time, it got broken and stopped ticking. I brought it to the Timex shop where we bought it from, and since it was under warranty they repaired my watch for free. It turned out all it needed was a battery replacement.

I’m really happy with this watch. It’s been with me for years and I’ve made a lot of memories with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 642806742601230/k2311a0628/6.28.09