Sexy curves Rimmel Mascara
  • I noticed that Superdrug had the Rimmel Sexy Curves on a promotion and at just under £6 it had to be a good offer, at least a couple of pounds under the chemists price
  • When I first saw the mascara brush I thought that it was going to be a bit hit and miss, the brush is fairly long and it has three curves set into the firm bristles
  • I found that it was a bit more difficult to apply a coat to my bottom lashes, in the end I used the tip of the brush as opposed to the full width of the brush and that seemed to work well enough

• by Emma222

Rimmel have promised that you will be able to achieve good curly eyelashes with their latest mascara. I noticed that Superdrug had the Rimmel Sexy Curves on a promotion and at just under £6 it had to be a good offer, at least a couple of pounds under the chemists price.

I loved the bright blue metallic packaging and Rimmel have given the actual tube sexy curves too which makes the product even more appealing. The waterproof mascara comes in two shades, Intense Black and Brown.

the firm bristles. The brush fits tightly into the tube and the mascara itself is thick and creamy and loads onto the brush easily.

A good waterproof mascara is hard to find, the cosmetic companies often promise that the product is waterproof but when it is put to the test it is a different matter.

The odd shaped brush is a bit hard to get the hang of at first, Rimmel say that the shapely brush helps to create curvy lashes.

As I got to grips with the brush I managed to get loads of volume and my eyelashes looked thick and lustrous but I am not too sure whether they looked any curvier than normal.

One ...

• good selling point is that this Rimmel mascara does coat each lash well and doesn’t leave your eyelashes looking clumped together, so the odd shaped brush does have its uses.

I found that it was a bit more difficult to apply a coat to my bottom lashes, in the end I used the tip of the brush as opposed to the full width of the brush and that seemed to work well enough.

The end result was fine, no clumps and plenty of volume, all in all my eyelashes looked good.

The sexy curves ? Well lets put it this way, my lashes did look fairly curvy.

I mentioned earlier on that a good waterproof mascara is hard

to come by and I was looking forward to seeing if Rimmel had managed to create one. The mascara on the top lashes stayed put and there were no smudges at all but by the end of the day the bottom lashes had formed a slight shadow underneath them. But apart from that there were no problems at all.

It cleans off easily and you don’t have to keep rubbing away at it, use a good make up remover and it gone in a few seconds.

When I first took a good look at that odd shaped brush I was far from convinced but now I feel reasonably confident that Rimmel have come up with the goods.

At least it fulfils most of its promises

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742551230/k2311a0628/6.28.09