Nars 2009 Vintage Nail Polish  » Cosmetics  »
  • The 2009 Vintage range consists of five colours, Hunger – a hot orangey red Tallulah – a rich grape colour Zizi – clear varnish with gold and peach glitter Cha Cha cha – tangerine with a hint of gold Then my favourite and one that I just could not walk past, Blue Lagoon, a lustrous powder blue varnish that settles into a bright blue marbled effect when it dries on your nails
  • Nars Blue Lagoon is a really strong colour and that is why I would always recommend using a base coat to start with, at least if you apply a base coat that bright blue varnish will not stain your fingernails
  • Not too sure what you think but I prefer to see vibrant colour on shorter nails, my nails are average length with a square top and the bright colours look fabulous on them
  • As you apply the Nars Blue lagoon varnish you will notice that as it dries the finish looks marbled, one coat covered my nails but I definitely needed a second coat to get the full effect
  • The varnish chips rather than peels but I think that can be said of all strong colours, one small chip and it looks a bit messy

• by Emma222

Nars are just bound to have hit the spot with this latest range of nail colours, when I first saw the colours my jaw dropped ! As we all know Vintage anything is `in`, just mention the word Vintage and you cannot go wrong.

The Nars 2009 Vintage nail polish range consists of just five colours that epitomise the 60s/70s.

Nars are maybe one of the more expensive cosmetics producers but they keep in touch with what fashion demands and offer us fashionable colours that we love.

I just could not walk past, Blue Lagoon, a lustrous powder blue varnish that settles into a bright blue marbled effect when it dries on your nails.

Nars Blue Lagoon is a really strong colour and that is why I would always recommend using a base coat to start with, at least if you apply a base coat that bright blue varnish will not stain your fingernails.

After the base coat has dried then you can apply the first coat of coloured varnish, you need to make sure that you have tidied up your cuticles as much as you can, otherwise the brightly coloured varnish will find a way into any imperfections and settle there.

As well as tidying my cuticles I made sure that my nails had a good coat of base ...

• to prevent them from being stained.

Not too sure what you think but I prefer to see vibrant colour on shorter nails, my nails are average length with a square top and the bright colours look fabulous on them.

As you apply the Nars Blue lagoon varnish you will notice that as it dries the finish looks marbled, one coat covered my nails but I definitely needed a second coat to get the full effect.

After the second coat was on I had to leave it to dry off, the Nars varnish is pretty thick though its not like glue.

It loads onto the applicator brush well and it is easy to apply.

The Blue Lagoon varnish is striking and you need to make sure that it fits in with what you are wearing.

The varnish is reasonably strong and manages to cope with light knocks but after a couple of days it needed to be taken off and reapplied.

The varnish chips rather than peels but I think that can be said of all strong colours, one small chip and it looks a bit messy. One or two good rubs with nail polish remover and all trace of the colour is gone.

The Nars Vintage 2009 range is a limited edition, I am going to keep my pot of Blue Lagoon for weekend wear.

This range works out at around £12 for a small bottle but one bottle will take you a long long way.

Good department stores stock Nars Cosmetics and if you come unstuck then you can always turn to the Internet.

Love the range and I am more than sure that it will prove a big hit for Nars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742541230/k2311a0628/6.28.09