Nars Velvet Matte Lip pencil  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I first took a look at this Nars Velvet Matte lip Pencil I thought that it looked too clumsy, the jumbo sized pencil does look much larger than any other lip pencil that I have ever owned
  • When you have coated your lips with a layer of the Velvet matte pencil then the skin feels silky but the effect is definitely matte
  • The Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils cost around £16, some might argue and say that makes for an expensive lip pencil but if you take it into account that you are buying a lip pencil and a lip colour in one then I think it is a decent buy

• by Emma222

Nars cosmetics have so much going for them, as a company Nars follow the fashion trends relentlessly and give us colour schemes that are bang up to date.

When I first took a look at this Nars Velvet Matte lip Pencil I thought that it looked too clumsy, the jumbo sized pencil does look much larger than any other lip pencil that I have ever owned.

But Nars have made this a lip pencil with a difference. As I said earlier the pencil is much thicker and that means that you cannot achieve such a fine outline but I always blend my lip well into my lipstick anyway, I steer well clear of a harsh lip line.

This lip liner can be sharpened

sufficiently to give you an outline or you can use the pencil to coat your lips with colour.

When I first got my Nars pencil I sharpened it and used it as a liner but soon realised that the pencil could be used as a lip colour too.

Before you use the Nars lip pencil make sure that you have moisturised your lips well, or if you prefer then use a base coat. If you are going to use the pencil as a lip liner then you will have to keep checking that the point of the pencil is fine enough but if you use the pencil as a lip colour then you can use it as it is.

Nars have packed the ...

• lip colour pencil with moisturiser and this makes it feel good as you slide it along your lips. The colour is rich and it applies very evenly too, it feels very different to lipstick or gloss. When you have coated your lips with a layer of the Velvet matte pencil then the skin feels silky but the effect is definitely matte.

You can feel that the lip pencil contains moisturiser, as you put your lips together there is no stickiness.

Nars have given this lip pencil staying power, once you have applied a layer then you can expect it to stay exactly where you have applied it for a good few hours. Once the colour is in place it stays where it is,

some lip colours feather or bleed but apart from a tiny build up toward the corners of my mouth I had no problems with it at all. The pencil is also rich in Vitamin E which is so good for your skin.

We are talking about a product that offers a massive sixteen shades covering mauves, browns, reds and pinks. I fell for the shade called `Roman Holiday` , a vibrant pink that does stand out in the crowd.

The Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils cost around £16, some might argue and say that makes for an expensive lip pencil but if you take it into account that you are buying a lip pencil and a lip colour in one then I think it is a decent buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742521230/k2311a0628/6.28.09