Maybelline Watershine Lip Gloss  » Cosmetics  »
  • Just one layer makes your lips shine but if you are feeling daring then go for two layers, it looks amazing
  • I found that by applying two layers of the lip gloss I could make my lips look really full

• by Emma222

Glossy lips look good, they make you feel good and shiny lips seem to look far fuller too. If I am partying then lip gloss is always top of my list. My make up bag is crammed with lip gloss, all makes and all prices so this Maybelline Watershine lip gloss certainly wasn’t going to be lonely.

I was lucky and managed to get mine from e Bay for £2.50 plus P.P.

Must admit it was hard to choose a shade, for starters Maybelline have offered us fifteen shades and that doesn’t include the clear gloss.

I settled for Apricot Freeze, a light bright and airy colour that is subtle and very appealing.

The

lip gloss tube is pretty standard, the bottom half is clear so that you can see the colour of the gloss and the applicator is attached to the inside of the long silver screw top lid.

The Watershine gloss is packed with water based botanicals as well as containing a host of oils and some polymer complex.

Maybelline have thought this one out well, the plump applicator holds the thick lip gloss well but you can still manage to apply the gloss to the corners of your mouth without a struggle.

As the name of the product implies it has a high sheen, a touch of sweetness to the smell and very little in ...

• the taste department. When it is on your skin there is no stickiness or glued on feeling either.

The Watershine gloss is simple to apply and it only takes a few seconds. Just one layer makes your lips shine but if you are feeling daring then go for two layers, it looks amazing.

I found that by applying two layers of the lip gloss I could make my lips look really full. If you think that two layers may feel gritty or uncomfortable on your lips then don’t worry, the formula is as smooth and light as it could possibly be and when it is on your lips you hardly know that it is

there.

Mind you, I would only go for the two layer high gloss look at night time, during the day I just stick to one layer of lip gloss.

Maybe the only catch is that you have to keep reapplying throughout the day, lip glosses in general just aren’t made to last for hours. I have been experimenting a little with mine and I have added a touch of matte lip colour under the top layer of Watershine lip gloss, it enriches the depth of the colour and it goes some way to keeping that gloss going a little bit longer.

There are another couple of shades in the range that tempt me so I am looking forward to trying another one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742511230/k2311a0628/6.28.09