Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum  » Perfume  »
  • I think it's just too much, almost acrid on the tongue and overpowering to the nostrils
  • I love how it smells and how I feel when I wear it

• by onerios13

When you hear the word ‘Chanel’, it’s just natural to picture glamor, sophistication and the term ‘extremely expensive’. And yes, while all that is true, the other adage that springs to mind is: you get what you pay for.

In the case of their perfume line, all of the above is par for the course. What is funny, however, is I HATE the smell of their signature Coco Chanel, that old standby for the haute couture crowd dripping in classic pearls and swathed in severely cut black cocktail dresses. I think it’s just too

much, almost acrid on the tongue and overpowering to the nostrils.

Plus, I think of the word ‘old’ whenever I encounter that particular scent. So I was skeptical when someone gave me a bottle of their Coco Mademoiselle as a gift. Of course, I couldn’t say no thanks, but accepted it graciously, never really expecting to do more than gather dust on the top shelf.

But after the first experimental spritz, I was made a convert. This delicate perfume is a womanly woman’s dream come true. Soft as silk, it holds notes of sweet ...

• honeysuckle and sugar roses along with a hint of jasmine. It’s sensuous, yet playful, a dance between unadulterated coquettishness and cool sophistication. Plus, it’s just pretty, from the sparkling container to the sweetpea pink of the liquid, every bit of it is class in a glass. I love how it smells and how I feel when I wear it. It makes me stand taller, my shoulders straighter and allows a gleam of sauciness to enter my eyes as I sashay my way into a night club.

The only barrier to this little gem is

the price. A 3.4 oz bottle (which will last forever if you don’t slather it on yourself every day) will put quite a dint in your wallet at around 89-120 dollars, depending on where you purchase it. I am sadden to know that it will be quite awhile before I go and get another one after I’ve exhausted my present supply.

But if you have the dough or a really awesome admirer/friend, and get it as a gift, cherish it. For it is one of those rare products that is worth every penny spent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562806742451230/k2311a0628/6.28.09