21st Century Breakdown  » Movies  »
  • The element of his voice is in my opinion much like the old stuff, fast and mumbled
  • Although I like the American idiot storyline idea, I think 21st Century Breakdown just went slightly overboard

• by aznreviewer

After 5 years of waiting and waiting for their green day to come out with an new album, i have to say the album was defiantly worth the wait, but nothing more. The album is of course amount my favorites, however it does not surpass dookie as my all time favorite and barely edges out American Idiot for second. Here are some catagories that I rate the album.

Style: 8/10, the band kept their style from American Idiot and added some older stuff in the album

too, which is fine. However, I perfer their old dookie/nimrod error when they had loud bass and shorter simpler songs.

Vocal: 10/10, definatly the best vocals Billy Joe Armstrong has ever done, his singing is spot on. The element of his voice is in my opinion much like the old stuff, fast and mumbled.

Layout: 9/10, Green day took their American Idiot success and molded it into a more complex version of 21st Century Breakdown. The whole song is a rock musical with 3 different acts that ...

• are supossedly telling a story. Although I like the American idiot storyline idea, I think 21st Century Breakdown just went slightly overboard.

Musical contrast: 9/10, Green day once again reminded us why they have so many fans. Their musical contrast is brilliant balancing drums, guitar, bass, and vocals. My only draw back is that i wish they had more of Mike Dirnt’s bass skills.

Catchyness: 10/10, although i may not like the style of the music, i can’t help but sing along. Songs like Know Your Enemy

and The Static Age have easy choruses that you can remember. Even if you don’t like the style you will still be hooked

Overall: 9.5/10, the second best album of my favorite band. This album defiantly gets them a step closer to the hall of fame. The buttom line is, if you liked American Idiot or warning, you’ll love this album. If you liked Dookie, Nimrod, or Kerplunk, you’ll find it irratating. If you like everything Green Day has made, you’ll find this album to be second to best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112806742351230/k2311a0628/6.28.09