Vytorin Medication for Elevated Cholesterol  » Medicine  »
  • Other people may not have the good results that I've had, but I feel this medicine is one of the best and most effective statins on the market at this time

• by beth
      I first became aware of VYTORIN, which is a medication prescribed for people with elevated cholesterol, when I saw it advertised on television when it first came on the market. Then I also began to see VYTORIN advertised in some of the magazines I subscribe to.

I had never taken any other medications for high cholesterol such as LIPITOR or

CRESTOR, and going on a low cholesterol diet didn’t help very much.

Since my cholesterol was about 235-240, which was too high, my doctor and I discussed having me use a medication to help lower my cholesterol.

I mentioned the VYTORIN to him and we decided I would try that medication first.

He started me on 10 mg and then ...

• I had my cholesterol checked again in 60 days.

What a surprise! Not only was my cholesterol way down to 165, but my triglycerides and HDL levels were also completely normal! This was about a year and a half ago and at my annual exam this year, everything was still very normal.

I have had no adverse side effects

from taking VYTORIN (which contains a combination of CRESTOR and ZETIA).

Other people may not have the good results that I’ve had, but I feel this medicine is one of the best and most effective statins on the market at this time.

I still watch my diet carefully and try to exercise regularly, which everyone should do when taking any medication for high cholesterol.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26300774220631/k2311a0730/7.30.06