Max Factor Silk Gloss
  • When you apply the lip colour one of the first things that you might notice is the great smell, no taste but a soft floral smell that is lovely

• by Emma222

We all have those days when we need a little retail therapy to cheer us up, so last Wednesday I took myself off to the Max Factor counter and decided that maybe a new lipstick would brighten up an otherwise dull day.

The Max Factor Silk Gloss range is attractive, seven shades of lip colour in classic slimline holders which fit easily into the smallest of handbags, great for an evening out- it will fit into a clutch bag.

The shade I settled for was called Satin Pink, a light bright pretty colour which is really feminine.

This isn’t a twist up lipstick, instead the lip colour is in a tube and is applied using a long sponge that sits on the end of a wand.

This

Max Factor Silk Gloss couldn’t be any easier to use, just twist the top off and then lift the wand out. You will see that the sponge is coated with the thick lip gloss and you may well have to scrape a bit of it off – I just ran my sponge along the edge of the tube and let some slide back into the tube.

Max factor tell you that the Silk Lip Gloss is enriched with moisturiser and that it will leave a high shine on your lips once you have applied a coat. I always use a base coat on my lips anyway so my lips are already well moisturised.

When you apply the lip colour one of the first things that you might notice ...

• is the great smell, no taste but a soft floral smell that is lovely. The Silk Gloss is fairly thick but you do need to make sure that you haven’t got too much on the sponge or you end up dabbing it off onto a tissue and wasting it.

The colour applies reasonably evenly though you may find that you need to help it along with the sponge applicator.

At first the Max factor Silk Gloss feels a bit sticky to the touch but this soon wears off and the lip colour leaves your skin supple, soft and very sheeny.

If you think that the finished effect is too shiny then just damp it down with a dab of loose powder, it still looks great. My Satin Pink

is vibrant and feminine and really pretty and it stays put.

The colour does stain your lips slightly but that is easily removed at the end of the day using cream or make up remover.

I find that I need to top up the colour during the day, each time that you eat or drink it does take a small amount of the colour away. But one good thing is that it doesn’t bleed into any fine lines around your mouth, I use lip liner and that does help to some extent.

The Max Factor Silk Gloss will be around about £7, you can find it in most chemists or drug stores.

I quite like the look of the Velvet Raspberry shade and I am going to treat myself next time I am in town !

Max Factor Silk Gloss

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742131130/k2311a0628/6.28.09