Mark Scanda Lash Hook Up Mascara
2.0
  • Occasionally I like to browse through an Avon catalog and purchase a few things here and there
  • As for the rest of the claims though, I would say that this mascara definitely leaves something to be desired
  • When I applied this mascara the first thing that I noticed is that the mascara itself does not really seem to color my lashes very well
  • I do not like this mascara at all and I do not recommend it

• by betsyraeduke

Occasionally I like to browse through an Avon catalog and purchase a few things here and there. On the hunt through the Avon catalog for some make up one time, I ordered some Mark Scanda Lash Hook Up Mascara in the color black. Usually I am pretty satisfied with products that I get from Avon, but such was not the case with this mascara.

According to the claims made by Avon about this particular mascara, this product is supposed to lengthen and define your lashes without clumping. This line of mascara comes in four or five different colors but the only mascara color that I ever use is black.

Anyway I got this mascara in the black shade which is called blacklash. This mascara comes in a very tiny tube that is only about two inches total in length. The applicator brush, which is attached to

the lid as normal, is full sized and very thick, even though the tube is so small.

One good thing that I can say about this mascara is that it really doesn’t clump as claimed. As for the rest of the claims though, I would say that this mascara definitely leaves something to be desired. When I applied this mascara the first thing that I noticed is that the mascara itself does not really seem to color my lashes very well. I mean the effect is not very noticeable at all. Oh you can see that it has colored my lashes well enough, but only because the natural color of my lashes is so light that they can be barely seen when bare anyway.

This mascara did add some length to my lashes but not very much. The lengthening effect was barely noticeable at all. This ...

• mascara did not thicken my lashes at all and the color was quite a bit lighter then that of most black mascaras that I am used to. Another thing, this mascara flakes off quite a bit. When I used it I ended up with black specs around my eyes from it. That looked horrible.

Any cosmetic in the Mark Scanda Hook Up line is designed to be hooked up with another product in the same line. For this reason it comes with a little plastic connector. This is a small carrying sort of thing that allows two items from the “hook up” line to snap into it. I got one of these for free for purchasing the mascara. The connector thing is a neat idea and it is really cute, however if the rest of the make up in this particular line is as bad

as this mascara is, I am not sure that I want to try any of it so I don’t know how much I will be using my little connector thing.

In summary I would have to say that this is one the worst mascaras that I have ever purchased or used in quite a long time. It does not clump as claimed. However the lengthening effects that you get from this mascara are very, very slight. Furthermore this mascara does absolutely nothing to thicken lashes. This mascara does not seem to be very rich in color either and it is the next thing to having completely bare lashes, it really is not worth the effort to put it on. Also this mascara flakes really bad and leaves specks around your eyes. I do not like this mascara at all and I do not recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312806742061130/k2311a0628/6.28.09