Zantac (Ranitidine) for Reflux and Heartburn  » Medicine  »
  • If you suffer from reflux or heartburn and need a medicine to help, I highly recommend taking the name brand medicine ZANTAC or the generic brand RANITIDINE

• by beth
      If you suffer from reflux or heartburn and need a medicine to help, I highly recommend taking the name brand medicine ZANTAC or the generic brand RANITIDINE. This medication used to be available by prescription only but has been available over the counter for several years.

As with all medicines, the name brand

is more expensive than the generic brand, so you’ll have do decide which is the most affordable for you.

For some people the name brand ZANTAC may work better than the generic brand RANITIDINE.

Both my husband and I take RANITIDINE as suggested by our doctors to control reflux and/or heartburn.

...

• My husband takes 150 mg of RANITIDINE every night before bedtime and he has no reflux problems during the night.

He took the name brand ZANTAC (prescribed by his doctor) for quite a few years before the generic brand was available.

Before taking this medication he would wake up choking almost every night

around 2:00 a.

m.

due to reflux.

Now he is able to sleep all night without having any reflux.

I use RANITIDINE to prevent heartburn that is caused by GERD according to my doctor.

Needless to say, this is one medicine that we always keep on hand.

It really works well for both of us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26300774200631/k2311a0730/7.30.06