Due South: A Likely Story
  • I like those moments a lot more than I did the rest of the story
  • The only one I really enjoyed was Hughes as the widow

• by Orrymain

The best thing about Due South: A Likely Story is the story that Constable Benton Fraser (Paul Gross) tells both in the first and the last scenes. Gross is a good storyteller, and I understand that he’s a folk singer of some sort, so that may explain why his

tale was so alluring. I like those moments a lot more than I did the rest of the story.

The story is about a nice old man who is murdered. His wife is there, as well as a supposed son and a beautiful woman who has befriended the elderly ...

• couple. Fake Ray Vecchio actually falls for the woman, as does Diefenbaker, much to Fraser’s dismay. The couple of one liners about this and seeing Dief pining for the woman is one of the few cute spots in Due South: A Likely Story.

Guest stars in Due South: A

Likely Story include Helen Hughes, E.M. Margolese, Billy Otis, Luanne Russell, and A. Frank Ruffalo. The only one I really enjoyed was Hughes as the widow.

All in all, I’ll probably pass from any further viewings of Due South: A Likely Story. There’s just not enough there that appeals to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102806741731130/k2311a0628/6.28.09