Due South: Dead Guy Running  » TV  »
2.0
  • I like the back and forth of their banter, which is sometimes serious and sometimes plain silly

• by Orrymain

Quite honestly, Due South: Dead Guy Running didn’t capture and maintain my interest very much. The story dealt with the past case of the real Ray Vecchio, a case in which he almost lost his badge. When one of the guys from that situation shows up and ends up dead in the Chicago police station, Canadian Mountie Benton Fraser gets involved. He wants to protect his friend, who is still undercover in a precarious situation in which he could easily

be killed if his cover is blown.

I have a couple of positives about the show, but then there are the negatives.

On the plus side, I always enjoy it when Gordon Pinsent shows up as Fraser Sr. and has discussions with his son, played by Paul Gross. I like the back and forth of their banter, which is sometimes serious and sometimes plain silly. Fraser Sr. was in this one quite a bit.

On the down side, as annoying as ever is the ...

• flaunting of Francesca Vecchio to Fraser. Get over it already. The Mountie isn’t interested. Get a hint and move on, lady. She must have no respect for herself to keep throwing herself at him.

Something else that bugs me a little is that I wish Gross interacted more with the wolf, or perhaps I should say was more responsive. In the last moments of this show, the two Frasers are exiting the police station, just walking. Diefenbaker is

with them, running around a little. That’s normal for Dief, but the dog comes up to him and sort of taps his hand while walking and Gross doesn’t even acknowledge it. A good actor should interact well with children and dogs. I sometimes wonder if he wasn’t comfortable with the dog because while his scenes are performed well, I just don’t see affection, and Mountie or not, the love should be there.

So, in short, this isn’t an episode I’m in like with at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102806741661130/k2311a0628/6.28.09