Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda Hotel/Resort
77710 Municipio Solidaridad, Playa del Carmen., Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • The Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda, located about 25 miles south of Cancun, was amazing
  • Except for the mediocre buffet food, the experience was top notch

• by musikguy

I can officially say that I am a fan of the all inclusive resort idea. The Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda, located about 25 miles south of Cancun, was amazing.

You pay up front and they don’t allow tipping so all food and drinks (alcohol included) are free.

You ask, you receive.

I guess my American guilt took some time to subside because we didn’t know what to do when we were finished at the resteraunts (which are 5 star with chefs who know what they are doing).

I can’t say the same for the daytime buffets, but you will put up with a lot ...

• when you are looking at the carribean ocean.

Except for the mediocre buffet food, the experience was top notch.

The biggest pool I have ever seen, walking distance to the white sand beach, staff that take care of you like they are working for tips (which they are not), and an overall atmosphere

that doesn’t compare to anything else I have experienced.

If you are looking for a vacation on a budget but you also want to relax and get some some while other people clean up after you, I give a heartly thumbs up to the Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda.

Get your passport and enjoy some summer!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22706740230830/k2311a0627/6.27.09