Equate Eye Makeup Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • I noticed one day at Wal-Mart the generic version of my favorite in very similar packaging and when I compared the ingredients they were identical so I decided to purchase the cheaper generic version instead hoping to love it as much as I do the Loreal
  • I love that this makeup remover is oil free and it's a clear liquid so it does not cause my eyes to get cloudy or irritated like some oil based removers have done in the past

• by miszANH

I used to use the Loreal Eye Makeup Remover and it was my all time favorite which I used for several years. I noticed one day at Wal-Mart the generic version of my favorite in very similar packaging and when I compared the ingredients they were identical so I decided to purchase the cheaper generic version instead hoping to love it as much as I do the Loreal.

I love that this makeup remover is oil free and

it’s a clear liquid so it does not cause my eyes to get cloudy or irritated like some oil based removers have done in the past.

It has a very light fragrance and resembles water beacuse of the consistency of it, so it’s very light.

I simply apply a bit to a cotton round and then hold it over a closed eye for a few seconds, gently wiping in a downward motion to get the mascara off of my lashes, I then look up and use the cotton round to swipe upward, just to remove any traces left of the mascara.

I find I am able to remove all of my mascara, eyeshadow and any liner with one cotton round, and I usually will use a second cotton round just to go back over and get any spots I missed.

I do this prior to cleansing my face so that if any makeup traces were left ...

• Equate Eye Makeup Remover
      behind they will be washed away by the cleanser, though this rarely happens because the eye makeup remover removes everything very well on its own.

I have also found that even if I do not cleanse afterward I haven’t had any irriations to my eye area from this product.

The generic Equate brand works just as well as the Loreal and on the packaging it even says “Compare to Loreal Eye Makeup Remover”.

Don’t be fooled into thinking

you have to spend more to get an equal product because in this case you don’t.

Even if I have gotten any of the liquid into my eyes it hasn’t caused irritatino or burning and another thing I love about this is that it is optamologist approved, and I tend to have sensitive eyes so this is great.

It leaves no residue on the skin afterwards at all.

Great product that works better than any other I’ve tried.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312706740160830/k2311a0627/6.27.09