Landmark Bridal Registry, Makati, Philippines  » General services  »
0.5
Makati City, Philippines
  • There wasn’t even a big, decent sign that said “bridal registry”

• by tsimon

The Landmark Department Store in Makati City was one of my top choices for my wedding’s bridal registry. What attracted me to this department store was the fairly wide range of tableware and kitchen items available at reasonable prices. The store is also connected to a major appliance shop. I figured that my guests would appreciate being able to purchase a wedding gift no matter how small their budget was.

Unfortunately, this idea never materialized. Since I was organizing my own wedding, my schedule was really busy. I was juggling

wedding preparations with my job.

I could only devote one Saturday afternoon to arrange for the bridal registry. My fiancé and I got to Landmark at around 2 p. m.

The first saleslady we talked to passed us on to a more senior staff. The said senior staff was a matronly grump who just lifted her hand, pointing to the general direction of where the bridal registry office was. The door to the bridal registry office was covered in reflective glass, making it impossible to see if someone was inside.

There ...

• wasn’t even a big, decent sign that said “bridal registry”. It seemed that this service shared its entrance to the stock room. Worse, the door was locked.

The sales lady we first approached saw us and tried to help us out. She went into the office and out again. She asked us to wait for a few minutes and she’ll call the bridal registry staff.

We waited for about 10 minutes, making mental notes on which items to include on the list. We waited for a couple of minutes more.

Still no staff.

The saleslady apologized and said that they might be on break. Why would they leave their station unmanned at 2pm or at any other hour for that matter? I was getting a bit testy. I thanked the sales lady for her rather frustrated effort and left the department store.

It was a really disappointing experience. I was hoping that the bridal registry would be the least painless part of organizing my wedding. I wasted a couple of precious hours with incompetent staff.

I eventually ended up registering at Rustan’s, which was highly efficient.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 252606739451130/k2311a0626/6.26.09