Chrysler Sebring Convertible
  • The biggest attraction I found in the sebring convertible is the space inside
  • Starter was replaced and cost me around $200
  • I was bit disappointed when the convertible switch stopped working a fine day but it was only a relay issue
  • The looks that I get in the street when I cruise in this car with the roof down definitely make me feel great
  • I did two long trips of 600 miles in this car and it didn’t give me a single problem

• by Just4u

I bought this car a year back. It was a 1996 Jxi V6 convertible – 2 doors with 80000 miles on it. Now I drove around 5000 miles on it. So far I had mixed experiences with this car balancing more to the positive side.

The biggest attraction I found in the sebring convertible is the space inside. It has almost equal space you find in four door sedan cars. Unlike other convertibles, four people will fit in easily in this car.

My friends have acknowledged this

while travelling in my car. If you are a person who does regular services for your car, sebring convertible is worth giving a try. In one year time I had to pay visits to mechanic on regular intervals.

One time the starter broke and car didn’t start up. Starter was replaced and cost me around $200. Other time a leak formed in power steering hose made me replace it for $150.

Other visits were routine services like brakes, oil etc. But for 1996 model car this not ...

• too much of expenses. Like other chrsyler models the parts are expensive for this one too.

The gas mileage I get is 15mpg on surface streets and 20 mpg in highways. The trunk space is also sufficient, but I have found the turning radius to be less compared to other cars. I was bit disappointed when the convertible switch stopped working a fine day but it was only a relay issue.

My mechanic changed the relay for free making me happy. The engine sound is high at

top speeds but not too bad for a V6. The looks that I get in the street when I cruise in this car with the roof down definitely make me feel great.

It is such a cute car fits perfectly for daily commute purposes, that too at a far lesser price than contemporary convertible models. I did two long trips of 600 miles in this car and it didn’t give me a single problem. It is one of the rare reliable models from Chrysler, if you care it good.

Rick Ohl says :

Where is the starter relay located on a 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible 2.4 liter engine

Just4u replies :

Not quite sure about 98. But generally starter relay socket is at the top left corner of the center.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92606738781030/k2311a0626/6.26.09