Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • I cannot state how much I love this lip balm
  • I've always been a huge fan and devotee of the Burt's Bees line and owned several tubes of their regular Burt's Bees lip balm, so I decided to give this one a shot when it first came on the market

• by onerios13

You know that old question that goes: So you’re stranded on an island with no hope of rescue, what are the three things you’d have with you?

Well, for me, I’d want my family photo album (duh), a very thick book of poetry (or a romance book, depending on whether or not I’m EVER going to be rescued), and Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm.

I cannot state how much I love this lip balm. I’ve always been a huge fan and devotee

of the Burt’s Bees line and owned several tubes of their regular Burt’s Bees lip balm, so I decided to give this one a shot when it first came on the market.

For the most part, it’s just like their normal lip balm as far as effectiveness goes. Granted, I wasn’t used to the smell of it when I first tried it. The honey scent is very strong the first time you get a whiff, but fades after a few minutes. I decided that it wasn’t such a bad thing as it proves that this is a product that doesn’t scrimp when it comes to quality natural ingredients. A big plus when it comes to a quality connoisseur such as myself.

But most important, this balm is the only thing that really helps my chapped lips in the wintertime. Yes, those other lip glosses/balms all smell, work and even taste good, but for some reason, only Burt’s Bees lip balms soothes away ...

• Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
      the irritation while moisturizing my lips thoroughly. See, I happen to be a lip-chewer when I get nervous or bored, so many a night I’ve gone to bed with a sore bottom lip, and I always reach for this tube because it’s never that far away from my bedside. And for the price of those other name brand balms, you can get a superior one for around 4 bucks and change. Definitely a plus in my opinion.

The one word of

caution is again the smell. Some people will simply not enjoy that strong scent no matter how awesome it is, like my fiance for example. He has even refused to kiss me goodnight after I put some on as he just cannot stand the smell. I’ve gotten used to the aroma and even enjoy it now because in the end, this is one of the greatest beauty products I’ve ever purchased.

And notice, I didn’t say I’d be taking HIM to the island, right?

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
Aisha says :

I used this lipbalm and it does have a strong smell. Did you find it made your lips tingle? I have found that with mine

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312406738161230/k2311a0624/6.24.09