L’Oreal Bare Gentle Naturale Mineral Makeup (Soft Ivory)  » Cosmetics  »
  • Yet ignorance (and acne medication) can only give so much bliss, and after tackling the icky bumps on my forehead for the umpteenth time, I decided much like Scarlett O'Hara shaking a turnip to the unfeeling skies above her grimy head, that the time for change had come
  • And I'm happy to report, after two more aggressive attempts, I have mastered the 'dewy, fresh' look
  • I highly recommend this product because it gives excellent coverage and sets very nicely without giving one the looked of a cracked plate

• by onerios13

Until about three years ago, I was of the discipline that the only good makeup was the kind that coated every imperfection until you closely resembled a mime, and hey, it perfectly fine that at the end of the day your face looked like the last batch of fries going through a drive-thru window because, by God, you never let the world see the red blotches residing in the crevices between your nostrils and cheek.

like Scarlett O’Hara shaking a turnip to the unfeeling skies above her grimy head, that the time for change had come.

I poured over the many choices, agonized at each decision and finally shut my eyes, pointed at the rack of cosmetics, and yelled, “THERE!”

Well, actually it wasn’t QUITE that dramatic. I didn’t yell, but the rest was true. Luckily, I was standing before the L’Oreal counter and a nice lady standing next to me suggested I try their mineral makeup. I looked over the shades, found the one that wouldn’t make me an attractive pumpkin or a mug of hot cocoa, and dashed home to try it.

At first, I didn’t really know how much I needed to apply to give me a smooth, flawless, Natalie Portman glow, so dabbed about half the contents of the jar onto my washed face. Needless to say, less is more, especially when it comes to mineral makeup. And I’m happy to report, after two more aggressive attempts, I have mastered the ‘dewy, fresh’ look.

I highly recommend this product because it gives excellent coverage and sets very nicely without giving one the looked of a cracked plate. I do have a complaint however. The brush ...

• L'Oreal Bare Gentle Naturale Mineral Makeup (Soft Ivory)
      that comes with it…useless. I use another brush, a much larger brush, and that helps with the coverage. I use the one that comes with the jar to reach harder the harder places such as the area around the nose. Just remember that the makeup will set much smoother after a few minutes than when first applied. So go easy on the application, and lightly brush and fluff the powder around your face. Also, I’d recommend dumping a little into the palm of your hand. It’s easier to dip the brush that way instead of trying to do it in the
      tiny area inside the lid.

Money-wise, it’s pretty average, $11-12 dollars, but if used judiciously, can last at least two months. It has an SPF of 19, which is nice if you are heading out for the great outdoors and there is a decent amount of variety in the color choices.

Although there is still a part of me that longs for the ultra coverage a liquid base affords, I’m pretty pleased with the mineral makeup as the acne has toned down a lot and my face is no longer looking like a bowl of chicken soup at the end of the day.

Glory Hallelujah.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312406737851130/k2311a0624/6.24.09