Tiger Airways  » Airlines  »
  • Having said that, Tiger Airlines has all the negatives and more of a low-cost air carrier
  • But I would definitely re-consider if I had to take a longer flight with this airline

• by BBM

Tiger Airways is a “no-frills” airline that operates in South Asian countries and Asia Pacific and Australia (APAC). We took the Tiger Airways flight from Bangalore (India) to Singapore and back, in the period of June2009.

The airlines has both positives and negatives. Let me elaborate on the positives first. It is very easy on the pocket. We booked our Bangalore to Singapore flight some three months before our actual travel date and the fare came to just Rs. 9000 (roughly 200 USD) per person for a return trip. The flight was on time, both while departing drom Bangalore and while coming back.

Having said

that, Tiger Airlines has all the negatives and more of a low-cost air carrier. Once we had boarded the flight, we realised that the passenger cabin was extremely stuffy with very poor air conditioning/air freshening. There were frequent occurences on a single flight of people passing gas and polluting the already stuffy cabin. I was glad to finally fall asleep and escape from the stuffiness. Fortunately, this did not happen on our return back. The seats are cramped too, as is to be expected if you want to save money on a flight fare.

While returning back from Singapore to Bangalore, we were at ...

• the duty-free area of the “budget terminal” of Changi Airport (Singapore). We were happily shopping away even as the official boarding time approached without any signs or announcement from the airline about the boarding. We were then rudely interrupted by an announcement saying that that was the final boarding call for all passengers of our flight. We took our cabin bags and ran, only to see a lot of other passengers doing the same. Most of them (like us) had been alert and waiting for the announcement to board and were shocked to hear the announcer finally calling us only to say it
        was the final call. When did the other non “final” calls happen, we all wondered. Another passenger, a regulay on the Bangalore-Singapore circuit, loudly exclaimed that the airline sucked (she ahd ran to borad too, after the hearing the “final” announcement.

Would I still take a Tiger Airways flight again? Definitely. It’s cheap enough to let you forget a few inconveniences for four hours of the flight journey (Bangalore-Singapore), especially when you are traveling with your own money and not going to be re-imbursed for ti by your office. But I would definitely re-consider if I had to take a longer flight with this airline.

Tiger Airways
    Harrison says :

I have booked ticket to Kulalampur via Singapore by Tiger Airways. Since tiger airways goes via budget terminal at Singapore, do I need visa for singapore? Please advice. Thanks

Marg says :

Yes, you are required to have a Visa. You can confirm here:

bhavna says :

i booked my ticket by tiger airlines from perth to singapore …but suddenly i got selected to join further course here from australian uni. so how can i cancel my tickets or can i extend it for 4 months or so …plzz reply me soon it`s urgent. thanx

Marg says :

Bhavna, you can make those changes here, but you will have to log in to your account:

P Arone says :

Have booked flights for my sister and myself from Singapore to Perth in May. Her passport no and expiry date is different now due to issue of a new passport recently. How can I change this information?

Marg says :

You can make changes to your booking here, you’ll have to log in to your account:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402406737701130/k2311a0624/6.24.09