Tofu Village Korean food Houston, TX  » Restaurants  »
9889 Bellaire Blvd # 303 Houston, TX 77036
  • I thought we had only ordered three dishes so I was surprised at all the food that came out, I was later told that the side dishes came with all the main dishes for free
  • I liked that I was able to request my stew be a little spicier than my friends and it tasted amazing

• by Anny Sivilay

I was introduced to Tofu Village in the new China Town of Houston by a friend. My friends and I had just finished a long day of shooting b-rolls for a class project and were in the Bellaire area looking for a place to eat. Between the three of us we couldn’t decide what we wanted and my Korean friend suggested we try this new place. I had

my first taste of Korean food at Tofu Village. It’s a small, quaint place but has very good food for unbelievable prices.

Since I and my other friend weren’t familiar with Korean food our Korean friend ordered for us. My first time there we didn’t get any meat dishes because one of our friend could only eat kosher meat. It was mostly a bunch of vegetable sides, a few fish dishes and spicy seafood tofu stew. I thought we had only ordered three dishes so I was surprised at all the food that came out, I was later told that the side dishes came with all the main dishes for free.

I was very pleased with my food. I liked that I was able to request my stew be a little spicier than my friends and ...

• Tofu Village Korean food  Houston, TX
      it tasted amazing. They really didn’t skimp on the clams and shrimp at all, and before I visited Tofu Village I never liked tofu, after that day I can’t seem to get enough of it. Our meal was very hearty but since everything we ordered was healthy I didn’t leave feeling sluggish and bloated.

When the check came I was expecting it to be at least $30

because there was no way that much good food could be any less. I was shock to find out that our combined total for the three of us with tax and tip added up to just over $20. I loved the food and prices so much I’ve been recommending Tofu Village to all of my friends and it’s been my number one go-to place for Korean food ever since.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72406737571130/k2311a0624/6.24.09