Dead Like Me - Life After Death Movie
  • I still find it to be a little melancholy and it's not quite what I wanted, but I was very happy with what I got from the bond of the sisters

• by Orrymain

After a couple of years of cancellation, this Dead Like Me movie which is sub-titled Life After Death was done with most of the original cast except for Mandy Patinkin and Laura Harris. Harris’ Daisy character was recast with Sarah Wynter. The opening integrates a comic book feel to the story, which helps to educate the audience on the story’s background.

It’s been five years since Georgia ‘George’ Lass died, and three

years since the audience last saw George and her fellow reapers, Roxy, Mason, and Daisy. When the show begins, the Waffle House is destroyed and not only that but Rube has disappeared, replaced by a character named Cameron. There really wasn’t much good about Cameron, and eventually the reapers find a way to deal with his presence.

What I liked about the story, though, was that Reggie finally gets to talk to ...

• George, who actually approaches her younger sister. Now 16, learning to drive, working in a coffee shop, and no longer wearing glasses, Reggie doesn’t recognize George at first since she appears as her undead persona of Millie. Reggie figures it out, though.

I was actually hoping for a different ending, but the scenes between George and Reggie were very touching and well done. Ellen Muth and Britt McKillip played the sisters

and actually have some resemblance. I liked their moments better than anything else.

The ending is a little odd, but I suppose it’s showing us that George has finally grown up. She’s not so rebellious and is much more responsible now. I still find it to be a little melancholy and it’s not quite what I wanted, but I was very happy with what I got from the bond of the sisters.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112406737311030/k2311a0624/6.24.09