Dead Like Me: Forget Me Not
1.5
  • Unfortunately, that means that for me, I have no connect with him at all and would prefer that he just go away

• by Orrymain

Piper Laurie had a very nice role in Dead Like Me: Forget Me Not from season two of this quirky Showtime series. She was poignant at moments and funny at other times. She’s a class actress and she did a great service to Dead Like Me in gracing its stage.

My main complaint with Dead Like Me: Forget Me Not is with the Mason character. He’s just an uncaring, self-involved individual. He takes a couple of

steps forward and then reverts back. In one of the special features on the DVD set, Callum Blue who plays Mason said that he wanted the character to be that way, that he requested the character never change or make any self-improvements. Apparently, the writers granted his wish. Unfortunately, that means that for me, I have no connect with him at all and would prefer that he just go away.

I mention in the review for the ...

• next show that Daisy and Mason had crossed the line, and this is where they do it. It was just continued on into the Last Call episode as well. I was shocked by what I watched and majoring turned off by it and how the transgression was handled. There’s nothing likeable about either Daisy or Mason. If they were portraying villains going against the heroes, I could understand this, but when they are supposed to
        part of the main group, well, I don’t get it and now I just don’t care.

In my review of the pilot, I said the verdict was out on this show. Now it’s in, and I just don’t need it. There are too few good things; most is too dark. Even the George character has gone backwards this season. She’d begun to learn, to progress in her death, so to speak, but that’s all gone out the window.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112406737271030/k2311a0624/6.24.09