Asia Nine Bar & Lounge, Washington, D.C.  » Restaurants  »
915 E Street NW, Washington, Tel 202-629-4355
  • They also have one of the best Sushi bars that I have ever experienced
  • I would highly recommend Asia Nine to anyone visiting the metro D

• by Jeff OKelley

I travel quite a bit for both business and pleasure,which often leaves me searching for a decent restaurant on the road. When I find myself going back to the same area over and over again, I try to locate some good restaurants to make my visits little better. By far, Asia Nine is my favorite restaurant in the downtown Washington area. Although they refer to it simply as a “bar and lounge”, don’t let the name fool you. Asia

Nine has a top shelf menu of Asian cuisine, ranging from simple noodle dishes such as Pad Thai to exotic dishes such as Soft Shell Crab Tempura and Eel Donburi. They also have one of the best Sushi bars that I have ever experienced.

During a recent family trip to the Capitol, I took my family to Asia Nine and they loved it just as much as I do. My wife and I shared an appetizer of Tuna Tartar, which ...

• featured Ahi Tuna, topped with little pearls of wasabi caviar. I don’t often use the term “melt in your mouth”, but it applies to this dish. We also managed to consume two orders of the Chicken Satay before even ordering dinner. My children, ages 11 and 12, took a leap of faith and tried the Spring Rolls, Tom Kha Soup and Steamed Dumplings. For kids who usually prefer chicken nuggets and fries, they ate everything that was presented. For dinner,
        we split an order of Panang Curry with chicken and Pad Thai between the four of us. It was more than enough food for everyone. For dessert, we couldn’t pass up the Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango, which is a treat that you can’t find everywhere.

I would highly recommend Asia Nine to anyone visiting the metro D.C. area and will go back whenever I’m in town. They offer a happy hour during the week, lunch specials and even delivery to the local area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72406736971030/k2311a0624/6.24.09